What is your favorite video game.

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Deanna19
Favorite Book: Darth Vader Series
Currently Reading: The War of the Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 0

What is your favorite video game.

Post by Deanna19 »

I have many that I love equally.
~Left4Dead2
~Batman Arkham Asylum
~Star Wars (all the games)
~Fable 3
~ZELDA!

Tell me yours!
:D
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Currently its Silent Hill Downpour, I loved the first two games in the series but I think it lost its way after that, and I dont even play videogames as much as I used to so it takes a lot to get me playing and thankfully the latest game is very enjoyable, not quite as classic as Silent Hill 2 but a great effort.
You only live once.....so live!
Gannon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Colleen McCullough
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth
Currently Reading: Heaven's Net is Wide.
Bookshelf Size: 52
fav_author_id: 2863

Post by Gannon »

Hey SKM, I am in the same boat, I get in trouble now if I even think of turning the xbox on. But my favourite game of all time is Resident Evil 4. Incredible game that deserved all the accolades it got. :D
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. - Mother Teresa
StephenKingman

Post by StephenKingman »

Gannon wrote:Hey SKM, I am in the same boat, I get in trouble now if I even think of turning the xbox on. But my favourite game of all time is Resident Evil 4. Incredible game that deserved all the accolades it got. :D
Wow, Im the complete opposite to you, Gannon. I adored Resident Evil 1,2 and 3 but I hated 4 with a passion as they ditched the atmospheric locations and puzzle-based gameplay for an all out action fest. It may have had better looking creatures in it and more weapons but in my opinion they p!ssed all over what made the RE series so seminal- atmosphere and gameplay which required more than just gung-ho shooting. I recently downloaded RE2 again on PSN to play through again as that was my fave in the series. Im fully aware im in the minority regarding RE4 though, but I still hated it...
Gannon

Post by Gannon »

I can't believe it SKM. I must admit I loved the first two, but the fourth was just so much better, much much much better control system, no static locations like the first in the series and it just gets better and better as you play it. Have you played it all the way through? I especially liked the remake of the first one on the gamecube though. Six comes out at the end of the year and I am putting my foot down and playing it. :lol: :lol:

It has to be good it has Wesker's son in it.(Wesker is my favourite video game villian of all time) :D
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. - Mother Teresa
StephenKingman

Post by StephenKingman »

I did play it all through when it came out but I hated it- everything, the new look of the zombies, the complete lack of puzzles, the nonsesne storyline and the fact it didnt even resemble an RE game. I know thats the very reason people love it but i didnt think the series had to change its roots of pre-rendered backgorunds, exquisite locations like the RPD station and the mansion, and the always-entertaining puzzles. It just tore up the rule book and turned it into an action game :(

As i said already, I have started to play through RE2 on PSN today and some great memories are flooding back, mind you im on Danger status already after just 2 saves, herbs were in short supply back in the day :shock:
Ant
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by Ant »

Call of Duty(especially the last two)
Battlefield
And possibly my favourite....Resistance....all of them (played on my sons PS3) :oops: :lol:
Deanna19
Favorite Book: Darth Vader Series
Currently Reading: The War of the Worlds

Post by Deanna19 »

StephenKingman wrote:Currently its Silent Hill Downpour, I loved the first two games in the series but I think it lost its way after that, and I dont even play videogames as much as I used to so it takes a lot to get me playing and thankfully the latest game is very enjoyable, not quite as classic as Silent Hill 2 but a great effort.

I have to agree Silent Hill 1&2 were amazing. The plots were well thought out and almost sick to even think about. I also enjoyed SIlent Hill 3 probably because Heather was a great character. The Room was pretty good but very confusing at times. It took me a while to defeat that game. After that is went down hill sadly. I didn't know the new Silent Hill was out. You have to tell me how it is...I'm hoping it is good.
StephenKingman

Post by StephenKingman »

^ After the second one I kind of tuned out of the series, I thought the third was ok but a bit lacking in atmosphere, the fourth was a joke, Silent Hill Origins was poor, Restless Encounters was dire (no combat at all) but this new one Downpour seems ok so far, then I am only 3 hours into it, I will let you know if its worth watching. :D
Gannon

Post by Gannon »

I am quite addicted to Skyrim at the moment.
Tracey Neal
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Favorite Book: The Hundred Dresses
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by Tracey Neal »

Half Life all the way babiessss....

I'm quite fond of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim also..

hit me up on Steam :wink:

AND I love the original Medal Of Honor.. :D

-- Wed May 09, 2012 2:58 pm --
StephenKingman wrote:
Gannon wrote:Hey SKM, I am in the same boat, I get in trouble now if I even think of turning the xbox on. But my favourite game of all time is Resident Evil 4. Incredible game that deserved all the accolades it got. :D
Wow, Im the complete opposite to you, Gannon. I adored Resident Evil 1,2 and 3 but I hated 4 with a passion as they ditched the atmospheric locations and puzzle-based gameplay for an all out action fest. It may have had better looking creatures in it and more weapons but in my opinion they p!ssed all over what made the RE series so seminal- atmosphere and gameplay which required more than just gung-ho shooting. I recently downloaded RE2 again on PSN to play through again as that was my fave in the series. Im fully aware im in the minority regarding RE4 though, but I still hated it...
I don't care for 4 or 5 myself..

I wonder about Operation Raccoon City? I haven't played it yet..
StephenKingman

Post by StephenKingman »

^ Operation Raccon is on my list when Silent Hill is done, I think its just a plain shooter through the streets of Racoon City, dont think it goes back to its roots but as far as I know, the old traditional monsters are back so might be worth playing.
Gannon

Post by Gannon »

Hey Tracey and SKM. I was really looking forward to Operation Racoon City, however it's supposed to be terrible. I have not played it myself, only going on general opinion. I still want to have a look at it.

@Tracey

Glad to see another Skyrim fan. I love it. :D
Garathnormanmtts

Post by Garathnormanmtts »

Star Wars
[*]Drupal web design, Drupal web development, Drupal web Design Company, Drupal web Development Company
Teesie

Post by Teesie »

I'm all about RPGs. I love Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest, and Champions: Return to Arms on PS2. I wish they would release them on PS3, but all they have is Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom, and it just wasn't the same :/ I love Demon's Souls on PS3, but unfortunately when I left my boyfriend he kept my ps3 and my big flat screen tv along with my copy of Demon's Souls :evil: All I have now is my little sisters Wii :/ the only decent games I have for it is Super Mario Bros, Spryro, and Harry Potter, and I can't find the Wii Remote, I don't know where the thing disappeared to, but oh well, I have my Super Nintendo, and you can't go wrong with Super Mario Bros :D

The original Nintendo is still awesomeness! I still have one somewhere, but it's all packed up wherever it is
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives one.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”