L.O.V.E. ....Cupid's Choke Hold (What does it mean to you?)

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Tracey Neal
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Favorite Book: The Hundred Dresses
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 2460

L.O.V.E. ....Cupid's Choke Hold (What does it mean to you?)

Post by Tracey Neal »

So here is the thing, I'm newly single. And for some reason beyond my control I'm handicap when it comes to the opposite sex, granted I tend to be a GOOF at best. :lol: So what are your thoughts on love...relationships..."online dating"...commitment...lust swimming..adultry..we are living in an age where anything and everything goes. Divorce is widely accepted, even used as a tool of "I'm bored now.. time to go". Do people work on relationships anymore?? Is chivalry dead?? Is love alive?? Or do people lust more nowdays...do we even know what love means?? Are you in love?? Heartbroken?? Enlighten me :wink:
Last edited by Tracey Neal on 08 Apr 2008, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

it is pretty sad about the divorce rate. my parents split when i was just a kid. my mom raised me solely on her own. love her for that. no i'm not a mommies boy. i just respect my mom as a single mother. 'lust swimming' ilmao! i've never heard it called that. but yeah i think alot of people have no clue what love is. which is a very good question, is love alive?? do you think its alive star? star, is that your real name? i don't believe in cheating.
although my last girlfriend left me for a cop buddy of mine. :evil:
awelker

Post by awelker »

i am newly unsingle (not a word but i couldn't think of what to call it). we have only been dating for a couple of weeks but there is just something there between us that i hope is genuine and long lasting. i don't believe in adultery either ham. i have seen what it does to relationships. that is one of the reasons that my parents split up. i think that love is different for everyone and that there are different forms of it. i was actually approached today on campus by someone (i hate when this happens but i can't say no) and they were with some Christian group on campus and she asked me what i thought love was. i told her that love was a relationship between two people and was long lasting. i didn't specify man and woman because i am not against that since i have an aunt that is a lesbian. that then spiraled into gods love but thats not the point here. she told me that she had been getting different answers through out the day showing that love is different to everybody.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
dejona84

Post by dejona84 »

I truly am amazed by the way people disregard marriage vows. The day I took my vows I meant them. Given alot of people thought I was pretty young. My husband and I are the type of people who stick with something or someone forever. If it breaks, we will fix it.

Before I met my husband though, I was pretty much a goofball too. Star, you are not alone there!

I think it is even more insane when they divorce then go back, then divorce. The next week, guess what?! Love again. With that thought, do people even know what love is? Just a word that is thrown around?

Guess I am old fashioned! :wink:
“I am not afraid…I was born to do this.” - Joan of Arc
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

awelker wrote:i am newly unsingle (not a word but i couldn't think of what to call it). we have only been dating for a couple of weeks but there is just something there between us that i hope is genuine and long lasting. i don't believe in adultery either ham. i have seen what it does to relationships. that is one of the reasons that my parents split up. i think that love is different for everyone and that there are different forms of it. i was actually approached today on campus by someone (i hate when this happens but i can't say no) and they were with some Christian group on campus and she asked me what i thought love was. i told her that love was a relationship between two people and was long lasting. i didn't specify man and woman because i am not against that since i have an aunt that is a lesbian. that then spiraled into gods love but thats not the point here. she told me that she had been getting different answers through out the day showing that love is different to everybody.
first off you're hot, but i respect you have a boyfriend. and good luck between you and your guy. i agree with you love is different for each person, i'm going to sound so corny but whatever, i want to fall in love and stay in love with one woman. people are too out for jumping around. and no star chivalry is not dead. there are good guys out there. we are just few and far between.
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

dejona84 wrote:I truly am amazed by the way people disregard marriage vows. The day I took my vows I meant them. Given alot of people thought I was pretty young. My husband and I are the type of people who stick with something or someone forever. If it breaks, we will fix it.

Before I met my husband though, I was pretty much a goofball too. Star, you are not alone there!

I think it is even more insane when they divorce then go back, then divorce. The next week, guess what?! Love again. With that thought, do people even know what love is? Just a word that is thrown around?

GOOFBALLS ROCK! girls that are funny, i'm so into that. humor me please!
divorce ruins lives.
dejona84

Post by dejona84 »

Hamlet wrote:
dejona84 wrote:I truly am amazed by the way people disregard marriage vows. The day I took my vows I meant them. Given alot of people thought I was pretty young. My husband and I are the type of people who stick with something or someone forever. If it breaks, we will fix it.

divorce ruins lives.
I was a goofball in a tomboy sense. I always liked to be one of the guys. My husband likes that he can take me out with his friends. I really liked to joke around, and most women have a very hard time dealing with my mad joke skillz! I think some guys were threatened by that.
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

dejona84 wrote:
Hamlet wrote:

divorce ruins lives.
I was a goofball in a tomboy sense. I always liked to be one of the guys. My husband likes that he can take me out with his friends. I really liked to joke around, and most women have a very hard time dealing with my mad joke skillz! I think some guys were threatened by that.
tomboys are very cute and sexy. i prefer them over glamed up females. and goofy is hot.
awelker

Post by awelker »

im such a tomboy too. always have been. i'm a country girl. i love hanging out with the guys (meaning my family).

thanks ham for calling me hot. your only the second guy to say that to me. i agree with you, i want to find someone and love them forever. i think divorce is a waste, and that people should stick to a promise that they have made. i also wish more guys were chivalrous. open doors, randomly give gifts that sort of thing. i guess i am a hopeless romantic and want it like in the movies. i have never been in love but in a way i am sort of intimidated by it. i don't know what it is about it but im afraid.

p.s. ham i think guys in uniform are HOT, just saying.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

awelker wrote:im such a tomboy too. always have been. i'm a country girl. i love hanging out with the guys (meaning my family).

thanks ham for calling me hot. your only the second guy to say that to me. i agree with you, i want to find someone and love them forever. i think divorce is a waste, and that people should stick to a promise that they have made. i also wish more guys were chivalrous. open doors, randomly give gifts that sort of thing. i guess i am a hopeless romantic and want it like in the movies. i have never been in love but in a way i am sort of intimidated by it. i don't know what it is about it but im afraid.

don't ever lose being a hopeless romantic, that is such a rare thing. people claim they are but really aren't. and thank you. we have to maintain a certain weight or they 'ride your ass' so to speak. i'll have to dig through my pics and post one of me in my uniform :wink:
dejona84

Post by dejona84 »

Hamlet wrote:
awelker wrote:im such a tomboy too. always have been. i'm a country girl. i love hanging out with the guys (meaning my family).

don't ever lose being a hopeless romantic, that is such a rare thing. people claim they are but really aren't. and thank you. we have to maintain a certain weight or they 'ride your ass' so to speak. i'll have to dig through my pics and post one of me in my uniform :wink:
No joke! Gain 5 pounds and your running for the next 5 years! I regret that donut filled day!
awelker

Post by awelker »

o i know how the military works. i have cousins that were enlisted. i even thought of joining the navy myself after high school but decided it wasn't for me.

dejona84

Post by dejona84 »

The guys in my family were pretty tough on me. I was sooooo happy when another girl was born. Took 7 years!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

awelker wrote:o i know how the military works. i have cousins that were enlisted. i even thought of joining the navy myself after high school but decided it wasn't for me.
i bet you would look so cute in uniform!! i'd like to see that :wink:
dejona84 what branch were you in??
awelker

Post by awelker »

in my family there are a lot of girls but i am just the one that they have come to protect and love like a sister. i just get along better with my guy relatives than the girls. they are the only ones that i miss being away at school.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”