What made you miserable today?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
C0ldf1re
Bookshelf Size: 0

What made you miserable today?

Post by C0ldf1re »

I am bored with that silly thread, "What made you happy today?"! :twisted:

Let's face it, misery is the human lot, and there's lots of it going around. :(

So gather round, and exchange sympathy. There's always worsoff who's somebody than yourselves! :wink:

I'll start. I had to pay my annual car tax. More money for the government to waste. I could have saved them the effort, and wasted it myself.
8) The hedgehogs have eaten the breakfast. The rose has wilted. And I've put my trousers on. 8) -------------------- (See Post #1501)
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Not much to be fair, Its been a fairly ok day and week so Ill call back when life dips again :wink:
You only live once.....so live!
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Not a bad day at all expect I did the shopping this evening & forgot two basic items ... :oops: :oops:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Nothing today, but like you Coldfire, I had to pay taxes on my house in Utah this week which seems a waste. The dump isnt worth 10 cents but those robber barons want their money anyway. Maybe tomorrow Ill have more misery to report.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Geneen Karstens

Post by Geneen Karstens »

I just heard on the news that the US is surpassing Saudi Arabia in oil production! Now if that's true...after all this is an election year...why are we paying so much for gas? If a person can get a job, he can't afford the gas to get there! Absolutely ridiculous!!
A24

Post by A24 »

Geneen Karstens wrote:I just heard on the news that the US is surpassing Saudi Arabia in oil production! Now if that's true...after all this is an election year...why are we paying so much for gas? If a person can get a job, he can't afford the gas to get there! Absolutely ridiculous!!
I hear ya Geneen! So frustrating! I'm putting at least $120 worth of gas in my car per week! No wonder everyone is feeling strapped for money! I live in an area in which there is hardly any public transportation.
“The Bible is worth all the other books which have ever been printed.”
~Patrick Henry
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

I think its a matter of control. The govt. wants people to stay put so they can keep track of you. I heard they eventually want gas up to 9 dollars a gallon, they claim its supposed to help the economy. If that happens, nobody will be going anywhere.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
majesticgoldenrose

Post by majesticgoldenrose »

what made me miserable is the fact i work off my butt at school and some people sit and do nothing.
Pulls out hair....
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

I have a few days off work so nothing could possibly make me miserable (touch wood!) :wink:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

Cigarettes and whiskey and wild, wild women. (Or a shortage thereof.)

I have been working so hard this evening that I forgot the important things in life...

I'm running short of cigarettes. I'm running very short of whiskey. And the wicked woman isn't due until tomorrow morning.

I could drive to an all-night supermarket for more whiskey, but their stupid manager shuts their cigarette kiosk at 10pm. Then I'd have to drive to an all-night garage for cigarettes. Then I'd have to drive to a night club (and pay extra for admission after 11pm) to find a wild, wild woman.

But it is cold and wet outside. Perhaps I'll just go with Plan B. That is to sleep for 10 hours, and not notice what I'm short of. Then the wicked woman will come tomorrow, and drive me to the supermarket to buy cigarettes and whiskey (and a few non-essentials like bread and butter and milk and beans). :lol:
8) The hedgehogs have eaten the breakfast. The rose has wilted. And I've put my trousers on. 8) -------------------- (See Post #1501)
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Man, Coldfire. That is the pits, no cigarettes and whiskey. Thats lifes essentials, (besides peanut butter) how do you manage? I know the feeling, I ran out of pipe tobacco last week and I cant find any around here. Ill have to drive 400 miles to the states to get some next month. Im reduced to buying Alas, thats a cheap Mexican cigarette and crunching them up for my pipe. I think they clean out stables for the manufacture of them, but they are not too bad. Like the man said, not a fart in a carload. Sometimes life sucks.
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

Thanks Bighuey! It's when you have real problems that you know who your friends are! They don't moralize, they just sympathize. :)

But salvation was at hand! I remembered that I always keep a pack of cigarettes in the car for emergencies, so that was the biggest problem solved. And then I remembered that I always have a bottle of Bacardi for when a pal calls around. That's his favorite, though I don't really like it much myself. But I experimented, and mixed with tomato juice and Tabasco it becomes quite tasty. So I can survive until tomorrow. :D
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Coldfire, glad you had an emergency stash. Im not much into hard liquor, but when I get down to my last two cans of beer I get a little nervous and make a quick trip to the beer store. Just about any kind of booze is ok mixed. Even saki, which I think tastes like horse piss with the foam farted off isnt bad mixed with apple cider.

Moralizing people, That reminds me of the time my wife and I were invited to a New Years party, we wernt going to go because the people who were going to be there were really churchy and didnt drink, they thought that only seedy depraved perverts let liquor pass their lips. But the guy who was giving the party was pretty cool. His wife and friends were staunch church members, but he liked to imbibe and even sneak a smoke every now and again. He made this punch with all kinds of fruit and Sprite and had it in a big punch bowl. He asked me what he could add to it to give it some life, I told him maybe a bottle of Everclear. We went to the liquor store and I figured one bottle would spice it up just right. My friend said well, lets do this thing right. He got 4 bottles. He added it to the punch, and you couldnt hardly taste the alcohol and figured it was just right. Anyway, after the party got going, everyone was making quite a few trips to the punch bowl. All these non-drinkers wernt used to alcohol and really got poo-poo faced. This one woman, she was the bishops wife was telling dirty jokes and kept telling her husband hey Baby, lets go in the bedroom and get it on, that sort of thing. She finally passed out under the pool table. Everyone was having a ball, they probably had never let themselves go like that before. I guess the moral is, if youve never tried it, dont knock it.
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

Wow, Bighuey! That's quite a story. :lol:

We don't get Everclear in the UK, so I had to look it up. 190% proof and 95% ABV 8) 8) 8) --- the strongest thing I've ever drunk was rum at 63% ABV and that took some getting used to.

The guy who gave the party sounds like our kind of people 8) 8) 8) --- but the next day, when his wife realized what he'd done!!! Bet that she took a long, long while to forgive him. Funny thing that... I've found that the more that people go to church, the less forgiving they are! :lol:
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

@ Coldfire, I dont know if his wife forgave him or not, he never said. They were probably trying to forget the whole thing. Thats true, a lot of those people arent very forgiving. In some of the small towns in Utah. they are pretty clannish. If you dont stay on the straight and narrow and do things that they think are not right, they dont want much to do with you. But thats OK with me, they can do their thing and Ill do mine.

Everclear is used as a mixer for punch, fruit juice stuff like that. Altho I knew one guy who drank it straight right out of the bottle. I couldnt handle that, Id be on the floor after a couple shots. I once got plastered on 110 proof vodka one time, that was plenty strong for me. I like bourbon and Coke sonetimes, but Im mainly a beer drinker.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”