Where is the good stories!

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
mypoingo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Where is the good stories!

Post by mypoingo »

This is probably not a topic to have it in hand but now a days we see kids getting busy with their playing gadgets and this is the reason of worry! They have little or no interest i reading literature and this would be a -ve point as they will grow up. The solution I have found is in having some good books that can make kids feel like friend and help them come up with new ideas and thoughts.
anita blake

Post by anita blake »

I was shocked to hear that hardly any parents read to their children now. We were read to every night. If there wasn't a suitable book available then stories were made up, which were always far better. No wonder children are growing up without the love of reading, if all they receive is the latest gadget to numb their brains.
A real book is not one that we read, but one that reads us. Auden, W. H
Walktherain

Post by Walktherain »

That's why I only buy books for little kids for their birthdays. My boyfriend's nephew turned 1 the other day and I got him 3 dr seuss books, the first ones that I ever remember being in my house. I know my boyfriend's mother reads to the child, but I'm trying to get both parents to as well.
kardel

Post by kardel »

Well books for kids lack the immediate attractions of the digital media TV/computers . It i quite a challenge to inoculate reading in today's children .
Kathy B

Post by Kathy B »

one of the few children I know has a bookshelf full of books but the main attraction in the room is a TV that is on constantly.... I don't get it
zakeytech

Post by zakeytech »

Anything you say.
sharon.gmc

Post by sharon.gmc »

I always give books as gifts to all my nieces and nephews. They can alway expect their gifts from me to be books. In this little way, I think helping them appreciate books. . .
robert_allen

Post by robert_allen »

hi
just search the site.same like google.

Thanks
giving4prosperity

Post by giving4prosperity »

^You are right.
chriscash01

Post by chriscash01 »

i agree with you., :)
Ana Dating

Post by Ana Dating »

Books.. :roll:
andr70

Post by andr70 »

This is a very good point, mypoingo! My mom used to read books to me when I was a kid and I am gonna do the same with my kinds. I think it is really important.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”