Inspired by "Worldlines" by Adam Guest - do you have lucid dreams?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-bookowski.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Inspired by "Worldlines" by Adam Guest - do you have lucid dreams?

Post by Anna Bookowski »

I just finished reading Worldlines. A Many Worlds Novel by Adam Guest yesterday and I must say I'm thrilled. I decided to read it because it was talking about multiverse theory, which I find absolutely exciting and I believe it somehow naturally, but also because of the subject of lucid dreaming.

Lucid dream is a state in which you suddenly realize that you are dreaming and thus you are able to control what is happening. I've been experiencing and practicing it for many years by now. When the main protagonist in Worldlines Gary realizes he's in a lucid dream, first thing he does is to commit the crime... He has no idea this will have a dramatic impact on the other him in a different timeline. This gave me so much to think, because similar situations happened to me many times! Now I wonder if this could be really this way, if I could have changed lives of other me in a parallel universes.

Recently I had a dream where I was chased by very dangerous criminals that were apparently trying to kill me. I was running away, hiding, trying to escape. In one point I realized I was dreaming and decided to take over control. In one instant I became very brave, I felt no fear anymore, and long story short - I fought my enemies and killed them all in a quite spectacular, movie-like way. Now, thinking of what I've read in Worldlines, I wonder if it's possible that I have saved myself from another dimension (and on that matter if I went to prison later on for killing these people). Sounds crazy, but.. does it, really? :shock:

I wonder if any of you have similar experiences? Do you happen to have lucid dreams? What do you do if yes? Do you remember the last ones that have happened to you? Do you believe you can have connection with other yous?
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:

Post by Anna Bookowski »

I wonder why this post landed in off-topic forum? I'd consider it closely connected to the book I'm talking about... :geek2:
Fasmin
Favorite Book: We are voulhire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fasmin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fasmin »

Never have I ever been able to do that. I would love to though because I rarely dream and they're almost always bad.
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:

Post by Anna Bookowski »

Fasmin wrote: 23 May 2021, 23:28 Never have I ever been able to do that. I would love to though because I rarely dream and they're almost always bad.
Too bad! It's a really interesting experience and it gives a feeling of freedom that is difficult to compare with anything else. But I'm sure you're dreaming more often than you realize, you just can't remember it. I noticed I never remembered my dreams when I was waking up to the alarm clock; since I don't use it and wake up on my own, I remember my dreams much more often.
Thank you for your reply!
Fasmin
Currently Reading:

Post by Fasmin »

Anna Bookowski wrote: 24 May 2021, 05:45
Fasmin wrote: 23 May 2021, 23:28 Never have I ever been able to do that. I would love to though because I rarely dream and they're almost always bad.
Too bad! It's a really interesting experience and it gives a feeling of freedom that is difficult to compare with anything else. But I'm sure you're dreaming more often than you realize, you just can't remember it. I noticed I never remembered my dreams when I was waking up to the alarm clock; since I don't use it and wake up on my own, I remember my dreams much more often.
😞 I'm sure it is. I wonder if I can learn to have lucid dreams?
And actually I think I should be thanking you☺️
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:

Post by Anna Bookowski »

Fasmin wrote: 25 May 2021, 00:16
I'm not sure if you can learn it, but maybe I should look up for some reading about it! That would be so interesting, wouldn't it? :) For me it always happens in the morning hours, not after I fall asleep, but soon before waking up. Maybe that's a clue! :eusa-think:
Fasmin
Currently Reading:

Post by Fasmin »

Anna Bookowski wrote: 25 May 2021, 08:25
Fasmin wrote: 25 May 2021, 00:16

I'm not sure if you can learn it, but maybe I should look up for some reading about it! That would be so interesting, wouldn't it? :) For me it always happens in the morning hours, not after I fall asleep, but soon before waking up. Maybe that's a clue! :eusa-think:
I agree. I'll be checking this out as well. I mean lucid dreams are so cool.
– John Green
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

I am not always aware that I am dreaming, but I some times do find myself having lucid dreams. There is a theory that lucid dreaming and dream control go hand in hand, but I don't always find this to be the case. Sometimes, I can control a dream without being aware that I am dreaming, and sometimes I find myself in a dream and know it, but I cannot control any aspect of it. Which I find more frustrating than anything.
Akshi Porwal
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshi-porwal.html
Latest Review: The Heat Is On by Afzal (Al) Sovani

Post by Akshi Porwal »

No, I wish I could do that. All my dreams make no sense .

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”