Do you prefer E Book or Paper Book

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
pum-pum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pum-pum.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Re: Do you prefer E Book or Paper Book

Post by pum-pum »

Paperbooks definitely. I enjoy the smell of old and new books. However, when am in a crowd, i read ebooks to avoid people borrowing my novels and then losing them later or damaging them by holding them badly or pouring food particles on them. It's so annoying by the way when people dont take care of the novels you give them!
PRECIOUSreads
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preciousreads.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by PRECIOUSreads »

While ebooks are way easier to carry around I do have a thing for turning the pages of a paper book. It's a norm when reading and something I miss when reading online.
PRECIOUSreads :techie-studyingbrown:
di9girl
Currently Reading: King James Study Bible
Bookshelf Size: 1525

Post by di9girl »

Both. Books because I love holding a book and collecting them. But, with a lack of space, I have to say ebooks too. But one bad thing I find about ebooks is I delete them, so I spend money on the book then delete it, which I don't do with a paper book unless I choose to donate it to charity.
Julie-p
Currently Reading: Demian
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-p.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Julie-p »

I prefer paper books, but I've gotten used to read e-books in the past years. They are not the same, but are cheaper and easier to carry. Now a days, I feel pretty guilty buying physical books when the digital version is available.
Yearly Joy Besoy
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yearly-joy-besoy.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Yearly Joy Besoy »

When I'm home, I prefer paper book. However, I mostly turn to ebook as it is convinient for me to read wherever I am when I have the itch to read.
passion50
Favorite Book: Devil Among Us
Currently Reading: Fall of the Raven
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-passion50.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by passion50 »

These two forms of books have advantages and disadvantages however E-books are different you can also carried more books on the kindle in electronic form and when travelling with these books it much easier for persons. They are not bulky like the paperbacks books. However you can only download these ebooks on your kindle ,androaid phone or tablet. I prefer the paperbacks books to the ebooks . I always enjoyed immensely reading my paperback book.
Fi Zoraa
Favorite Author: Nalini Singh
Favorite Book: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fifizora.html
Latest Review: Echo of the Past by Rosemary Blake
fav_author_id: 2885

Post by Fi Zoraa »

I prefer paper books too. I love physically turning the pages of a book and the colour of the paper. I've read ebooks and pdf books but the experience isn't as enjoyable.
emoore12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by emoore12 »

I think I'll always prefer physical books! Ebooks can be nice when it's dark, but they're still finicky and simply not the same.
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: The Pilgrim Bride by Pilar Cerón Durán

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

Paper books! The sensation is just different and plus, I know it is healthier for my eyes to read on paper rather than on a device.
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

I prefer the E-book. They are convenient. You can read them anywhere, with either a laptop, a PC, a smartphone, or reading devices. The software isn't hard to find either. Google has almost everything you need nowadays.
LiLj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilj.html
Latest Review: The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical and Spiritual by Evelyn Rozier

Post by LiLj »

Definitely paper since you can read a paperback book a lot longer than an E-book without your eyes hurting.
Kayla_Sanders
Currently Reading: Iron Widow
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-sanders.html
Latest Review: Signs in the Rearview Mirror by Kelly Smith

Post by Kayla_Sanders »

I prefer paper books. However, with E-books, there are a lot of books that are now accessible to me that normally wouldn't be. I enjoy reading from both but sometimes it puts strain on my eyes to read E-books.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.” – Charles W. Eliot
pamw24
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by pamw24 »

I missed the tech revolution, and have been reading proper books since childhood. I just feel more comfortable with one in my hand.
ClaireP
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clairep.html
Latest Review: How To Beat The Dream Stealers by David Mendenhall

Post by ClaireP »

Paper, always paper. The felling of touching the paper, pass page, even the smell is something so satisfying that can’t be compare with the digital experience
glubglub200
Currently Reading: The Giver
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glubglub200.html
Latest Review: Mr. Germ by Itzel Machado

Post by glubglub200 »

Paper book for multiple reasons. One being in the off chance the internet went out and technology was wiped out, I would still have my precious paper books. And second being that I really like the feeling of flipping the pages and having something physical in front of me. Third being that it's a reason for me to get away from technology if it's on paper.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”