Do you share books?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Steinkar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steinkar.html
Latest Review: Quando Dormo by Edward Izzi

Do you share books?

Post by Steinkar »

When I'm done with a book, I put my name and address in the front cover and pass it to someone else. They, in turn, do the same thing, but pass it to someone outside of our circle of friends. It's fun to think about where the book will end up. One time, I actually received a letter from Australia from the 14th reader of the same book. It was cool! Has anyone else tried this?
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Oh, that sounds awesome!

I've always wanted to do something like this, but I can't get rid of a book I really enjoy (I am a certified re-reader :geek2: ).

Though, if I had the money, I would seriously buy copies of my favorite books to do this with.

Another fun thing I've heard of is leaving it in a public place for someone to find, like a cafe, train station, or airport.
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Kajol Dadhania
Favorite Book: Open Water
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajol-dadhania.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kajol Dadhania »

I found this post at the perfect time. I was just thinking about how I would love to share my books as I dont like to see them laying on my shelf, the primary reason I avoid buying books. But I also dont have friends that are readers.
I had never thought of the idea of passing it along to a stranger. This is interesting I would love to do that.
Imagine if we had no secrets, no respite from the truth. What if everything was laid bare the moment, we introduced ourselves?

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”