Thank you to gali and Gravy!

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Re: Thank you to gali and Gravy!

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

I have had my confusion 😕 and queries resolved promptly and efficiently by gali on numerous occasions.

thank you Gali
thank you Gravy
for your outstanding and awesome service at OBC.

You are both stars and you are deeply appreciated ❤️
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Thank you all for the well wishes. I look forward to being a regular member of the site and seeing everyone around!
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
honeybear_11001
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybear-11001.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by honeybear_11001 »

All the best in your future endeavors @gali and @Gravy. Its sad to see you go.
Okida Yafesi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Okida Yafesi »

Thats good I can appreciate
Jen Nghishitende
Currently Reading: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jen-nghishitende.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Jen Nghishitende »

Awww Gali helped me so much during my first few days on this Platform, so thank you Gali and I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Thank you Gravy for all of your assistance too and all the very best for the future!
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 515
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: A Reckoning of Wolves by Judy Higgins

Post by Mutai Marshal »

Thank you so much Gali and Gravy. Your contributions and assistance will be highly missed. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Thank you @gali and @Gravy!
You've both been a big help in guiding and solving queries of all the members. Thank you for the hard work. I wish you both good luck for the future.
Edet Joy
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edet-joy.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Edet Joy »

Gali has always answered my messages and supported me through every difficulty. Whenever I was stuck, she calmly offered solutions. Gali, I appreciate you. Gali, I appreciate your constant presence. Gravy, I'm grateful.
Kirsi Cultrera
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Thank you @gali and @Gravy , you guys are amazing! I am forever thankful for all the help you’ve provided for me. I wish you all the best for the future. :text-thankyouyellow:
Kirsi
Brendan Donaghy
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

Thanks to @galiand @Gravy. Always so helpful, courteous and professional. You'll be sorely missed!
Stephanie Kanu
Currently Reading: A dream for peace
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladywhyte3.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Stephanie Kanu »

I joined this year and @gali is the first member I knew. Always ready to help promptly. I almost thought she was Scott's double! Thank you very much for your service @gali. You've made transitions for new members easy and fun.
Thank you @gravy for your contribution to making OBC a reality.

You both are forever honored in our hearts.
Brenda Creech
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

Scott wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 11:02 With the increase in workload to moderate the forums and provide fast customer service to the thousands of new members joining the website every day, it is time to make some changes to the way the forums are moderated and maintained. While in some cases this means creating new positions and hiring new people, in other cases it means saying goodbye to others. This week both gali and Gravy have decided to resign from their positions administrating and moderating the community here at OnlineBookClub.org.

Of the over 3 million members we have today, gali was one of the first 50,000 to join the website. She joined in 2013, nearly 10 years ago. At that time, I had two different 'day jobs', so to speak, bartending in two different restaurants to make a living, while running OnlineBookClub for no pay on the side. Gali provided indescribable help in countless ways over the years in various changing roles that evolved over time as OnlineBookClub evolved and grew over the years. OnlineBookClub would not be what it is today with gali.

Gravy joined the website in August 2014, and was one of the first 100,000 to join this website. August 2014 was just a few months before I finally give up my day jobs and went full time at OnlineBookClub. During the latter part of Gravy's first year here, I was working 80 hours a week at OnlineBookClub, sometimes pulling all nighters, and still just barely making ends meet. There was a time during 2015 I remember going down with my two little kids to the Coinstar machine at the bank to turn in my spare change to put together the last few dollars of rent on the due date because that was literally the difference between paying my rent on time that month or not.

Most startups fail . Quickly. There was many times it looked like that was where we were headed. It is not a figure of speech when I say that without gali and Gravy OnlineBookClub probably wouldn't even exist today--and I might be homeless.

I want to both personally and professionally express my deep gratitude to both gali and Gravy for everything they have done. I look forward to getting to enjoy your participation in this community as valued members who themselves get to enjoy the funner more relaxed side of things, rather than perhaps having to see OnlineBookClub as work or a job. You both deserve all the best of everything. I want you to enjoy and see the best side of this community that you helped build.

I ask everyone in this huge friendly wonderful community to please take a moment to join me in giving a huge loud thank you to @gali and @Gravy for all the help they have provided over the years, including but not limited to moderating and administrating the forums and community.

Thank you, gali! :tiphat:

Thank you, Gravy! :tiphat:
Thank you Gali and Gravy! Anytime I have had a question you have both been quick to answer and help me out! I wish you both the best and I will miss having your guidance!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Thank you guys for your kind words. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Kaitlyn Canedy
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Thank you @gali and @Gravy for everything! The help you have provided to all of us is priceless. Enjoy your retirement from moderating; we will all miss you!
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Thank you for all you have done for the site. I am glad you will still be around in a different capacity. :greetings-clappingorange: :greetings-clappingyellow:
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”