Thank you to gali and Gravy!

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Thank you to gali and Gravy!

Post by Scott »

With the increase in workload to moderate the forums and provide fast customer service to the thousands of new members joining the website every day, it is time to make some changes to the way the forums are moderated and maintained. While in some cases this means creating new positions and hiring new people, in other cases it means saying goodbye to others. This week both gali and Gravy have decided to resign from their positions administrating and moderating the community here at OnlineBookClub.org.

Of the over 3 million members we have today, gali was one of the first 50,000 to join the website. She joined in 2013, nearly 10 years ago. At that time, I had two different 'day jobs', so to speak, bartending in two different restaurants to make a living, while running OnlineBookClub for no pay on the side. Gali provided indescribable help in countless ways over the years in various changing roles that evolved over time as OnlineBookClub evolved and grew over the years. OnlineBookClub would not be what it is today with gali.

Gravy joined the website in August 2014, and was one of the first 100,000 to join this website. August 2014 was just a few months before I finally give up my day jobs and went full time at OnlineBookClub. During the latter part of Gravy's first year here, I was working 80 hours a week at OnlineBookClub, sometimes pulling all nighters, and still just barely making ends meet. There was a time during 2015 I remember going down with my two little kids to the Coinstar machine at the bank to turn in my spare change to put together the last few dollars of rent on the due date because that was literally the difference between paying my rent on time that month or not.

Most startups fail . Quickly. There was many times it looked like that was where we were headed. It is not a figure of speech when I say that without gali and Gravy OnlineBookClub probably wouldn't even exist today--and I might be homeless.

I want to both personally and professionally express my deep gratitude to both gali and Gravy for everything they have done. I look forward to getting to enjoy your participation in this community as valued members who themselves get to enjoy the funner more relaxed side of things, rather than perhaps having to see OnlineBookClub as work or a job. You both deserve all the best of everything. I want you to enjoy and see the best side of this community that you helped build.

I ask everyone in this huge friendly wonderful community to please take a moment to join me in giving a huge loud thank you to @gali and @Gravy for all the help they have provided over the years, including but not limited to moderating and administrating the forums and community.

Thank you, gali! :tiphat:

Thank you, Gravy! :tiphat:
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Every time I had a question or a suggestion, I was always sure @gali would be there to help. The prompt response was her trademark. I'm proud of both @gali and @Gravy for their hard work. I wish them all the best.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Jeremie Mondejar
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: All That I Love by Hina Yu Cao

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

:tiphat: Thank you very much gali and gravy. I will miss you in moderating this site. Both your efforts are very helpful.
Jeremie

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Debra Morgan
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debra-morgan.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Debra Morgan »

Thank you for being kind, helpful and patient with us all! Enjoy your respite from the pressure of moderating.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to Gali and Gravy for all of your hard work, expertise, and advice. When I first joined, you made this site a fun, welcoming place to hang out. You are appreciated more than words can say.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 806
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: When Black Shoes Turn Red by Tom McKenna
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

Thank you to both @gali and @Gravy :tiphat:

Both of you have been very helpful. You guys have always resolved all my issues and queries promptly. You have always been very supportive of all members here, and you inspire us to do better everyday.

I wish you all the best for all your future endeavours.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Thank you, Scott! Thank you, guys. I appreciate your words. :tiphat:

I love OBC! I enjoyed working with you and helping out.

It is time now to enjoy the site and all it had to offer without the pressure of moderating. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Lydia Efobi 1
Favorite Book: Love Hypothesis
Currently Reading: Six of Crows
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia-efobi-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Lydia Efobi 1 »

Gali has always responded to me and helped me out with every challenge. She has calmly provided solutions whenever I was stuck. I appreciate you Gali. Thank you, Gali for always being here. Thank you, Gravy.
Stephanie Runyon
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1652
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Juris Ex Machina by John W. Maly
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I will miss @Gali and @Gravy. They both have been instrumental in my personal development in Onlinebookclub as a reviewer. Whenever I have had a question in private message,@ Gali would explain what to do without being judgmental. @Gravy always seems to know how to solve the riddles I place in the What Am I forum, as well as giving insightful advice in the support group. I will miss you both.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
tarafarah7
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1427
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

I've been an OBC member since 2016, so having the two of you here is all I've ever known. 😊 Thank you so much for all your kindness, help, support, and patience over the years; you will be greatly missed. In addition, please know that you are loved and appreciated MORE THAN YOU KNOW!! I'm excited that you will now be able to enjoy all of what you helped build. 😁💗
Thank you @gali 💯
Thank you @Gravy 💯
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Truth and Evil
Bookshelf Size: 744
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I am definitely going to miss both of you @gali @Gravy. Both of you helped me more than you probably realize. I wish you both the very best in your future endeavors. However, I am secretly wishing that you will both change your minds.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

gali wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 13:10 It is time now to enjoy the site and all it had to offer without the pressure of moderating.   :)
It certainly is!! I honestly don't know how you have herded us cats :cat: for so long. I look forward to seeing you around OBC without bringing you a problem to solve. Thank you for your dedication.

Thank you also, @Gravy, for making OBC a better place.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 959
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

A heartfelt thank you to both @gali and @Gravy. You both are the best.

I am ever grateful to gali for always helping me whenever I had any queries, whether big or small.

Thank you Gravy for everything that you do for us at OBC as well.

Will miss you guys so much. Wish you all the best and hope to see you around.
jemimapaul
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by jemimapaul »

Thank you gali and Gravy for all the help you provided to Scott over the years. Nice to know that without you guys Online Book club would not even exist today.
Ordan Brouwn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ordan-brouwn.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Ordan Brouwn »

Thank you gali and Gravy. I wish you well in all your future endeavors. You have clearly helped maintain the level of excellence I have been receiving in my weeks' journey here.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”