Thank you to gali and Gravy!

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Re: Thank you to gali and Gravy!

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

Scott wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 11:02 With the increase in workload to moderate the forums and provide fast customer service to the thousands of new members joining the website every day, it is time to make some changes to the way the forums are moderated and maintained. While in some cases this means creating new positions and hiring new people, in other cases it means saying goodbye to others. This week both gali and Gravy have decided to resign from their positions administrating and moderating the community here at OnlineBookClub.org.

Of the over 3 million members we have today, gali was one of the first 50,000 to join the website. She joined in 2013, nearly 10 years ago. At that time, I had two different 'day jobs', so to speak, bartending in two different restaurants to make a living, while running OnlineBookClub for no pay on the side. Gali provided indescribable help in countless ways over the years in various changing roles that evolved over time as OnlineBookClub evolved and grew over the years. OnlineBookClub would not be what it is today with gali.

Gravy joined the website in August 2014, and was one of the first 100,000 to join this website. August 2014 was just a few months before I finally give up my day jobs and went full time at OnlineBookClub. During the latter part of Gravy's first year here, I was working 80 hours a week at OnlineBookClub, sometimes pulling all nighters, and still just barely making ends meet. There was a time during 2015 I remember going down with my two little kids to the Coinstar machine at the bank to turn in my spare change to put together the last few dollars of rent on the due date because that was literally the difference between paying my rent on time that month or not.

Most startups fail . Quickly. There was many times it looked like that was where we were headed. It is not a figure of speech when I say that without gali and Gravy OnlineBookClub probably wouldn't even exist today--and I might be homeless.

I want to both personally and professionally express my deep gratitude to both gali and Gravy for everything they have done. I look forward to getting to enjoy your participation in this community as valued members who themselves get to enjoy the funner more relaxed side of things, rather than perhaps having to see OnlineBookClub as work or a job. You both deserve all the best of everything. I want you to enjoy and see the best side of this community that you helped build.

I ask everyone in this huge friendly wonderful community to please take a moment to join me in giving a huge loud thank you to @gali and @Gravy for all the help they have provided over the years, including but not limited to moderating and administrating the forums and community.

Thank you, gali! :tiphat:

Thank you, Gravy! :tiphat:
While reading this story, it was as if my heart was melting into my stomach. Every successful journey must have people who support it. To be honest, I had no idea @gali was a lady. She is a very meek, patient, and understanding person. I am happy for your contributions @gali. I am sure that your good deeds will create more platforms for the achievements of your heart's desire. To Gravy: Thanks for supporting this story and journey. Thanks for giving millions of people an opportunity to read, develop themselves and, above all, be paid for reading. Thanks to you two.
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Thank you all. I appreciate your kind words. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

A big thanks to Gali and Gravy. You have always been of help to me. Wish you well I areas of your life.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

Thank you, gali and Gravy! You were always helpful and provided guidance when I needed it most. Good luck with your future endeavors!
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Post by Verna Coy »

Thank you to gali and Gravy. I have been helped so many times by each of you that I cannot express how helpful you have been. My first thought was, without you- what will happen to us??! I am glad that you are able to adjust your workloads and make life more moderate. Again, a sign of a great moderator! You moderate for yourself as well as others. Good job. Blessings to you both!
gali

Post by gali »

Thank you! See you around the forums! :)
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Vuyiseka Daniso
Favorite Book: The Maple Seed Helicopter
Currently Reading: Masking the Love
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vuyiseka Daniso »

Thank you to Gali and Gravy well done
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

gali wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 23:20 Thank you! See you around the forums! :)
As an overseas reviewer, I can confirm that @gali was on duty 24/7, answering my even silliest of questions right away, with great patience and professionalism of the highest level. I am so very grateful for your fantastic job.

@Gravy thank you so much for all your hard work!

You are our stars, thank you for staying on this forum. The best of luck in everything!
gali

Post by gali »

Ellylion wrote: 30 Jun 2022, 04:42
gali wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 23:20 Thank you! See you around the forums! :)
As an overseas reviewer, I can confirm that @gali was on duty 24/7, answering my even silliest of questions right away, with great patience and professionalism of the highest level. I am so very grateful for your fantastic job.

@Gravy thank you so much for all your hard work!

You are our stars, thank you for staying on this forum. The best of luck in everything!
Thank you, I appreciate your kind words. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Precious Dubazana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Precious Dubazana »

Thank you gali and Gravy for all your grand work at OBC, you are great ! I love and respect you. :techie-reference: 💖✨
gali

Post by gali »

:text-thankyoublue:
A retired Admin/Mod

María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: The Mothers
Bookshelf Size: 2401
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Thank you for all you did for us! @gali was always immensely kind when answering my doubts and concerns, and I've had a blast playing the riddle game with @Gravy. We are going to miss you!
gali

Post by gali »

Lunastella wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 12:07 Thank you for all you did for us! @gali was always immensely kind when answering my doubts and concerns, and I've had a blast playing the riddle game with @Gravy. We are going to miss you!
Thank you. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Lunastella wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 12:07 Thank you for all you did for us! @gali was always immensely kind when answering my doubts and concerns, and I've had a blast playing the riddle game with @Gravy. We are going to miss you!
Thank you. :D

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
alexitesm
Favorite Author: Andrew Martin
Favorite Book: Doctoroo! & the Case of the Hacking Hippo
Currently Reading: The Freedom Building
Bookshelf Size: 18
fav_author_id: 134657

Post by alexitesm »

As Scott said, I'm one of the "new people." But I wanted to thank both @gali and @Gravy for helping setting the building blocks of this amazing community. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Alejandro Mancilla :geek2: !

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”