What brought you here?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Henrytbab
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henrytbab.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Re: What brought you here?

Post by Henrytbab »

I found this website online and found it interesting.
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
-George Bernard Shaw
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 672
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

I was looking for an online job that would keep me busy during my free days. I browsed on the internet and I found Online Book Club site. I must say that the site has helped me improve in my reading and writing skills, and has created bridges for me. I don't regret joining the club.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Cheryl Erickson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

After teaching for thirty years, I was released during the pandemic. I was searching for remote part-time jobs and OBC popped up. I have always been an avid reader, so this opportunity was quite appealing to me. We shall see how it all works out!
Charlienmegan Wehner
Currently Reading: Finding Joy with an Invisible Chronic Illness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlienmegan-wehner.html
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King

Post by Charlienmegan Wehner »

I love reading, writing, and I am always finding mistakes and errors in books I read… I happened upon this opportunity and love it so far!
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

I needed supplementary cash and then i just found out i could earn by doing what i love.
FunkyFlowerLady
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

Getting paid to do what I love doing, sign me up!
RonnyCollins27
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: complex PTSD Workbook
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronnycollins27.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by RonnyCollins27 »

What brought me here? So many things. Going through a divorce from a covert narcissist at 59 years old, dealing with parent alienation, needing to refocus on something other than the injustice of being abused at the hands of a narcissist. Trying to rehabilitate alone, no support, coping with PTSD. The abuse leaves a person foggy brained, confused, with no self worth, and it’s been no different for me.
Frantically looking for something to grab onto, knowing I’ve always wanted to write, I came across this site. I need to make money, but I can’t work a full time regular job due to disabilities. I knew I had to start at the bottom, this seemed perfect.
I can’t remember what I read, a new issue I’ve never experienced. I’m not sure if it’s the stress, the poison found in my system, the divorce, no contact with any of my kids or overwhelming myself with one to many
on-line courses.
My reviews have fallen short, my ability to finish reading a book in order to review it, embarrassing at best. I used to gobble up books, all my life.
I also joined because of the 9O day offer for being mentored. I blew it by one day. Thought I had entered the giveaway and I hadn’t. Amazed I was able to keep it up for so long with my brain fried.
Now I need to decide, let this go for now and concentrate on the other on-line things I’ve committed to or keep pushing forward on this site hoping to get to a point that I’m making money to review, with no mentoring because I blew it?
The last two years have been nothing but rejection from family I trusted, friends, other relatives and every rejection sets me back due to the PTSD. Knowing I would be dealing with rejection no matter what I do, I’m still putting myself out there. I’ve just hit a few barriers and rejection is a trigger that sends me back into the fight or flight mode, but more often, I go into freeze mode. Making a decision as to what path to take, hard decision, for me, in this frame of mind.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

RonnyCollins27 wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 12:42 What brought me here? So many things. Going through a divorce from a covert narcissist at 59 years old, dealing with parent alienation, needing to refocus on something other than the injustice of being abused at the hands of a narcissist. Trying to rehabilitate alone, no support, coping with PTSD. The abuse leaves a person foggy brained, confused, with no self worth, and it’s been no different for me.
Frantically looking for something to grab onto, knowing I’ve always wanted to write, I came across this site. I need to make money, but I can’t work a full time regular job due to disabilities. I knew I had to start at the bottom, this seemed perfect.
I can’t remember what I read, a new issue I’ve never experienced. I’m not sure if it’s the stress, the poison found in my system, the divorce, no contact with any of my kids or overwhelming myself with one to many
on-line courses.
My reviews have fallen short, my ability to finish reading a book in order to review it, embarrassing at best. I used to gobble up books, all my life.
I also joined because of the 9O day offer for being mentored. I blew it by one day. Thought I had entered the giveaway and I hadn’t. Amazed I was able to keep it up for so long with my brain fried.
Now I need to decide, let this go for now and concentrate on the other on-line things I’ve committed to or keep pushing forward on this site hoping to get to a point that I’m making money to review, with no mentoring because I blew it?
The last two years have been nothing but rejection from family I trusted, friends, other relatives and every rejection sets me back due to the PTSD. Knowing I would be dealing with rejection no matter what I do, I’m still putting myself out there. I’ve just hit a few barriers and rejection is a trigger that sends me back into the fight or flight mode, but more often, I go into freeze mode. Making a decision as to what path to take, hard decision, for me, in this frame of mind.
Sending hugs Ronny. We can do it! You're not alone.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Ben Madeley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

I'm writing a book and I wanted to read more to help with my skills and also I wanted to become a reviewer to improve my editing. At the same time, I work online, so I wanted a way to add to my income while still working online.
Melissa Best
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: Love and Marriage
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-best.html
Latest Review: Chameleons by Martin Wyatt

Post by Melissa Best »

I had been looking for a way to get back into the habit of reading since I'd lost it for some time. Funny enough, I saw a Tik Tok about various sites that paid to review books so I came to check it out. To my surprise, I was able to review but there's also a whole community here :)
Jack King
Favorite Book: Specter of the Past
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-king.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jack King »

MissLonii0812 wrote: 16 Jun 2015, 21:18 What path lead you to join the Online Book Club? I know most of us probably didn't wake and say, "I MUST JOIN THE ONLINE BOOK CLUB, IT IS MY DESTINY!!" If you did, go you! I am one of the ones who did not, however. I woke up this morning as far as I knew, jobless; then received an email from the directors at a school I interviewed at offering me a part-time position at their school. Living on my own, having to pay rent from September to December on part-time pay. So I need something to help supplement me, so I don't starve.I love teaching, and I also love reading, I googled paid book review and would you lookie what I found? This book club! How awesome would it be to feed both my passions? Totally freaking amazing right?! So bam that's why I'm here. Why are YOU here?
I love reading, my reading was often limited by money, and I could happily read a book or two a week. Spending over £100 on books a months is not very feasible though. Being able to read books not just for free but being paid is even better. I have my eyes on a very nice watch which I am saving towards using my review money.
We've longed to see the roses, but never felt the thorns
And bought our pretty crowns, but never paid the price
Find me in the river, find me there
Find me on my knees with my soul laid bare
Jack King
Favorite Book: Specter of the Past
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-king.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jack King »

RonnyCollins27 wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 12:42 What brought me here? So many things. Going through a divorce from a covert narcissist at 59 years old, dealing with parent alienation, needing to refocus on something other than the injustice of being abused at the hands of a narcissist. Trying to rehabilitate alone, no support, coping with PTSD. The abuse leaves a person foggy brained, confused, with no self worth, and it’s been no different for me.
on-line courses.
Ronny I'm sorry to hear how you are struggling right now. I myself am very new to this site, I see you mention the mentoring program, I missed this too and was not even aware of it. However after having one very bad review and an average one at best to start things off I found this guide below:
viewtopic.php?f=132&t=49381
It may not be as good as mentoring but it has improved my reviews significantly.

I also want to say well done for putting yourself back out there especially in such a public forum as this, it is not easy to do but you are doing it! I know forums such as this can also be a great place for people to encourage and support you as well as given guidance on reviews and techniques. Keep at it and once I have finished posting this I will go and take a look at your published reviews as I am sure they are better than you realise!
We've longed to see the roses, but never felt the thorns
And bought our pretty crowns, but never paid the price
Find me in the river, find me there
Find me on my knees with my soul laid bare
Tamara Bengesai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-bengesai.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Tamara Bengesai »

I have enjoyed reading since I was a child but got into a career that doesn't allow me to discuss my love for books. I want to discuss with other book lovers and I also want to start writing .
Chrystal Paris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-paris.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Chrystal Paris »

I'm just so surprised that there's a whole community here. I am a new reviewer and I thought the website was just for reading, reviewing and getting paid. I had no idea there was a place to interact like this
jainali
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jainali »

I was surfing for customer service for small businesses websites, during my search for call center services for small business I found this website.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”