What brought you here?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
cgoss74
Favorite Author: Danielle Steel
Currently Reading: Follow You Home
Bookshelf Size: 236
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cgoss74.html
Latest Review: "A Better Part of Heaven" by Mike Lee
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 3250

Re: What brought you here?

Post by cgoss74 »

Believe it or not, I am not here because we get paid to review books although that will be nice. We will not make much money getting paid to do this though. I am here because I enjoy reading, and I want to expand my library because I tend to reread my books when I am bored instead of picking up something new. I felt if I joined a club it would open me up to new options for reading.
Latest Review: "A Better Part of Heaven" by Mike Lee
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Very cool! We sure do get a lot of ideas on new books from others on here. Quite the blessing!
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Melissa-C-Water
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Melissa-C-Water »

What brought me here? I was looking for places to review my book. I don't know it that will happen as its sill not on a shelf but at least I had the opportunity to try.
I stayed and joined the forums because I liked to talk to and ask questions to authors and readers like me.
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

Very cool that you have not gotten discouraged and are enjoying the discussions on the forums!

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
boardj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boardj.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by boardj »

cookies ;)
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

That's just a trap you know. :shifty:

TerrifiedTaylor
Currently Reading: Corrigendum
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terrifiedtaylor.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by TerrifiedTaylor »

I was looking for a work at home job or at least something that could provide some income when work slowed down.

I just remember seeing this website on rat race and remembered saying to myself "It has to be a scam".

Now here I am. :)
DragonLight877
Favorite Author: Patrick Rothfuss
Favorite Book: The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonlight877.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov
fav_author_id: 3201

Post by DragonLight877 »

I'm actually disabled. I have two chronic pain disorders. And that makes it fairly impossible to go out and get a normal job. I can only do a "normal shift" 2 to 3 days a week, and I have no idea when those days might be. So setting up a schedule at work was very hard, and I would have to call in all the time. I needed something I could do at any time I felt good, and something that was very non-strenuous. It isn't a lot of money, but it's better than the nothing I was making.
Alyssa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Alyssa »

My mom heard of this site and wrote it down for me. I spend most of my time at home and have always been an avid reader so I was really excited about the free book part of it.
krysted
Currently Reading: Hiroshima
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krysted.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by krysted »

TerrifiedTaylor wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 14:14 I was looking for a work at home job or at least something that could provide some income when work slowed down.

I just remember seeing this website on rat race and remembered saying to myself "It has to be a scam".

Now here I am. :)
I too was suspicious. I recently got notice I'm being laid off, and I love reading, so I thought, why not? Will be writing my 3rd review today. Hope to find more opportunities like this.
PRECIOUSreads
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preciousreads.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by PRECIOUSreads »

My love of reading of course. I eventually would like to get my own writing published but I'm trying to work of the confidence and funds for that. In the meantime I thought it would be fun to join a bookclub.
PRECIOUSreads :techie-studyingbrown:
di9girl
Currently Reading: King James Study Bible
Bookshelf Size: 1525

Post by di9girl »

I was talking about books with a friend on Twitter through DMs. We're friends due to a love of a particular sport, my Twitter account is a fan account for a team and she followed me and we've become friends through it. Anyway, we started talking books and I said how much I love reading (it helps with my severe anxiety). She told me about this site and so I joined! :)
AlexisLib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexislib.html
Latest Review: The Girl Behind the Wall--Edgar Allan Poe, the Girl, and the Mysterious Raven Murders by Bruce Wetterau

Post by AlexisLib »

I am a freelance writer, editor, and proofreader, have always loved books, and have always thought I would like doing book reviews. I hadn't done it before because working full-time just didn't leave me with enough time to read a book and write a review in a timely manner. I lost my editing work in January and saw an article on Penny Hoarder that mentioned this site, so I thought well I have time now! and decided to try it to learn how to write reviews and see if I like it. This is one of the few where you can try reviewing without having prior experience. I also wanted to read more than I have been and I have found a lot of different books by being here. Yay!
Lutalica
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by Lutalica »

I love reading but my motivation fluctuates a lot. I'm scatter-brained too, so I was looking for a book club to join in hopes that my book-reading gets a little push. Let's see.
angela roura
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angela-roura.html
Latest Review: The Tempter's Bane by Kyle McCurry

Post by angela roura »

Well, as Covid-19 is quite rampant, I wanted some hobby to take up. Since as a kid I read quite frequently, I figured I should use my summer before college to get back into it. I can read about a book a day, so the pay isn't bad either for my quick reading pace.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”