Wedding party situation regarding groom's family

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
browneyes106
Bookshelf Size: 0

Wedding party situation regarding groom's family

Post by browneyes106 »

I am really hurting right now. My brother is getting married to a woman with four children. There are two boys and two girls. Since they announced the engagement in December '07 me and my sister were hoping that I would get asked to be in the wedding party. My sister has been in wedding parties before and she said that it was ok if she wasn't in the wedding party for my brother. She was hoping that I would get asked because I have never been in a wedding party before. Just a couple of days ago I found that the woman's four children will be in the wedding and they will each have partnered with a niece or nephew from my brother's gf's side. I think it is really unfair to my side of the family that nobody is involved in the wedding party. I can understand the four children being in the wedding but I'm upset that two nieces and nephews of the woman are going to be in the wedding. I talked to my brother about this and he told me that his fiance and her family are very close and that they deserve more involvement in the wedding. Since they started planning the wedding my brother's fianee has excluded my family from a lot of things. She is having her sister-in-law make the cake and one of her aunts is going to be the wedding photographer. My family and relatives have offered to do things like making decorations, food etc and my brother and his fiance have told us no and that her family is going to be doing a lot of stuff. I'm really hurt with my brother. I do understand that it is their wedding but a lot of times in weddings it seems that the groom's family sort of gets left out . Please share any experiences or thoughts on this. I feel it isn't right that nobody from my family will be in the wedding party.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”