How long will Mill's and Boon last?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
katm
Bookshelf Size: 0

How long will Mill's and Boon last?

Post by katm »

Mills and Boon have been publishing romance fiction books for more than 100 years now that's some going for a company that have been accused of trashy romance. How is it that Mills and Boon have been going for so long? They must have their finger on the pulse if they are able to publish just, romance fiction books and no other genre. They have even moved into movies with many of their current (last 20 years) books being transformed on the big screen, ok in fairness most of the movies are produced for television networks rather than Hollywood but still that is some going. What does it take to become an author for Mills and Boon and can a man write a romance novel for the company? As Mills & Boon marks the end of its centenary year, the romance publisher is still selling millions of copies. Its 200 staff writers have something in common - they're all women, except for one. So how does a gruff former rugby player Yorkshireman writing under the pseudonym Gill get away with it? "I'm happily married and I have been in love, therefore I have the basic qualification," he suggests. "I know what it feels like and from there everything will develop." Well there you have it ladies and gentlemen not only can us ladies string a romance novel together for the likes of Mills and Boon but it is now a fact that there is amongst those of the rougher sex that can too!
Lisa Van Den Berg
Favorite Book: The Unlikely Cowboy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-van-den-berg.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Lisa Van Den Berg »

Mills and Boons was established in 1908. It's been well over a century of good reads and they are still going strong. I think they will last many more as the stories give housewives and mothers who find their lives becoming boring and mundane a dream world to escape to. I'm sure there are many male readers to.
FunkyFlowerLady
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

Considering how long they have already lasted, they ain't wrapping up anytime soon.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”