Free Contest! | Audition to become our new YouTube host | Winner gets paid $100 per week to make one video each week

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Free Contest! | Audition to become our new YouTube host | Winner gets paid $100 per week to make one video each week

Post by Scott »

We need a new host for our YouTube Channel.

To find one, we will have a free contest that will act as a virtual audition.

The winner (i.e. the person who gets the job) will be paid $100 per week to make just one video per week.

If you are tech savvy enough, you could probably get that job done within an hour per week, meaning you would be getting paid an effective rate of $100 per hour.

You can also optionally earn significantly more by promoting the video each week, in which case you will be paid extra commissions based on the engagement you get, typically $0.01 per view, $0.01, per like and $0.10 per new comment or new subscriber, which all add up fast.

To enter the contest, simply complete these 5 steps:

1. If you have not already, read at least one of our Books of the Month. If you have already read at least one Book of the Month, you can skip to #2 below. Tip: My own book, In It Together was a previous Book of the Month, so if you read that, then you already have step one done and can skip to #2.

2. Create a video of you doing a video book review of the Book of the Month you read. If you have read more than one of our Books of the Month, then you can pick which one you review. You must appear on camera in the video. You don't need to be on camera for the whole video, but you do need to be on camera speaking for some of it. This is basically an audition tape.

3. Post the video on YouTube. You will need to post it on your own channel (i.e. your own YouTube account), but you can easily create one if you don't already have a YouTube account.

4. Post the link to the video as a reply to this topic.

5. Promote the video the best you can. You can share the video on your social media and with friends and family, and do anything else you can think of to promote it. But, remember, as I often say, 99% of marketing is product development. If your video is boring or unpleasant to watch, people won't watch it, let alone click like. Similarly, if your video doesn't invite people to share and comment, or doesn't feel discussion-worthy or share-worthy to people, then they won't discuss or share it. You don't need to have a huge audience already if you are good at making high-quality viral content.

Aside from the objective measures, I will also be considering the video quality, both in terms of the editing and recording quality as well as your on-screen performance skills.

However, I like to keep things as objective as possible, so a major factor I will be considering is how popular and well-received your video is, namely by like count, view count, and number of comments. If your video barely gets any views or likes, or gets either no comments or bad comments, then I almost certainly won't be picking you.

Likewise, if your video objectively gets the most likes or most comments or most views, even if I don't pick you as the winner of this specific contest, then I promise I will offer to hire you in a different position, namely as a promoter or influencer.

In other words, I might piece together a team by hiring one person to make the video each week at $100 per video, and then hire a different person to promote it. So, whoever does the best at promoting their video in this contest will get offered a job either way even if it is not to be the host.

I will keep the contest open until at least the end of November. I will pick a winner over the weekend of December 2nd-3rd, using the weekend to watch and study the leading videos.

Again, to formally enter the contest, just post the link to the YouTube video book review you do in the replies below.

Thank you!
Scott

free-contest.png
free-contest.png (1.75 MiB) Viewed 7975 times
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 609
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Scott wrote: โ†‘15 Nov 2023, 14:48 We need a new host for our YouTube Channel.

To find one, we will have a free contest that will act as a virtual audition.

The winner (i.e. the person who gets the job) will be paid $100 per week to make just one video per week.

If you are tech savvy enough, you could probably get that job done within an hour per week, meaning you would be getting paid an effective rate of $100 per hour.

You can also optionally earn significantly more by promoting the video each week, in which case you will be paid extra commissions based on the engagement you get, typically $0.01 per view, $0.01, per like and $0.10 per new comment or new subscriber, which all add up fast.

To enter the contest, simply complete these 5 steps:

1. If you have not already, read at least one of our Books of the Month. If you have already read at least one Book of the Month, you can skip to #2 below. Tip: My own book, In It Together was a previous Book of the Month, so if you read that, then you already have step one done and can skip to #2.

2. Create a video of you doing a video book review of the Book of the Month you read. If you have read more than one of our Books of the Month, then you can pick which one you review.

3. Post the video on YouTube. You will need to post it on your own channel (i.e. your own YouTube account), but you can easily create one if you don't already have a YouTube account.

4. Post the link to the video as a reply to this topic.

5. Promote the video the best you can. You can share the video on your social media and with friends and family, and do anything else you can think of to promote it. But, remember, as I often say, 99% of marketing is product development. If your video is boring or unpleasant to watch, people won't watch it, let alone click like. Similarly, if your video doesn't invite people to share and comment, or doesn't feel discussion-worthy or share-worthy to people, then they won't discuss or share it. You don't need to have a huge audience already if you are good at making high-quality viral content.

Aside from the objective measures, I will also be considering the video quality, both in terms of the editing and recording quality as well as your on-screen performance skills.

However, I like to keep things as objective as possible, so a major factor I will be considering is how popular and well-received your video is, namely by like count, view count, and number of comments. If your video barely gets any views or likes, or gets either no comments or bad comments, then I almost certainly won't be picking you.

Likewise, if your video objectively gets the most likes or most comments or most views, even if I don't pick you as the winner of this specific contest, then I promise I will offer to hire you in a different position, namely as a promoter or influencer.

In other words, I might piece together a team by hiring one person to make the video each week at $100 per video, and then hire a different person to promote it. So, whoever does the best at promoting their video in this contest will get offered a job either way even if it is not to be the host.

I will keep the contest open until at least the end of November. I will pick a winner over the weekend of December 2nd-3rd, using the weekend to watch and study the leading videos.

Again, to formally enter the contest, just post the link to the YouTube video book review you do in the replies below.

Thank you!
Scott

free-contest.png
Hi Scott.

I just have a quick question please. Can I use some of the content had in my written review on OBC for this video, or must it all be new content and a totally new visual review?

Thanks in advance.
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Leonie Vermaak wrote: โ†‘16 Nov 2023, 01:57 Can I use some of the content had in my written review on OBC for this video
Yes. :)
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishacleve.html
Latest Review: Shadows by William Stephen Edwards

Post by TrishaCleve »

Thanks for the opportunity! Rad!
:techie-reference:
Trisha Lee
Leonie Vermaak
Currently Reading:

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Scott wrote: โ†‘16 Nov 2023, 12:34
Leonie Vermaak wrote: โ†‘16 Nov 2023, 01:57 Can I use some of the content had in my written review on OBC for this video
Wonderful thanks so much๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—
Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-lisa-anyango.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango »

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Thank you for your entry! You are the first one! :D

It might be my device (I watched my desktop computer), but the audio is very hard for me to hear. It's very quiet, and I was unable to hear what you were saying.

You don't have to, but I suggest seeing if you can do one or more of the following:

- Increasing the volume on your end somehow.

- Adding subtitles. (A great example can be found with author Ken Rusk's videos which all have very engaging subtitles that make the videos more engaging.

- Re-recording the video in a way that makes it easier to hear what is being said.

That's just friendly tips. Either way, thank you for your entry! :D

Thank you,
Scott

Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango
Currently Reading:

Thank you so much for your honest feedback and recommendations. I will consider my options and take further action to improve the sound quality. I hope to be better in my next video.

Thank you
Risper Ouma
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

How long should the video be?
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Phelicia Gloria wrote: โ†‘17 Nov 2023, 21:03 How long should the video be?
It can be any length.

YouTube promotes shorts a lot, so you might be able to get better results by making a very high quality 60 second video, as opposed to something longer.

But you will want to make sure it is high quality and engaging and gets people to like, comment, and share. Both (1) videos that are too short and thus lack meaningful content and (2) videos that are so long and dragged out that they bore users and get turned off halfway through will both not do well in terms of being engaging and getting likes, comments, and shares. One way to get comments is to ask questions in the video and encourage viewers to answer them in the comments, and the best way to get shares and views is to create a video that is so engaging, interesting, and high-quality that viewers feel it is share-worthy and choose to share it.

Thank you,
Scott

Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango
Currently Reading:

https://youtu.be/pmTCpjVROhE?si=jg_spbAxgU6Lch6h

I hope words can be heard well in this video. And it meets the standards.
Thank you.
Chris Agbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Super-Delicious Mediterranean Diet Cookbook For Beginners by Janet Evans

Post by Chris Agbara »

I had so much fun creating this, I hope you will enjoy it too.
https://youtu.be/RYZPba2GKvA?si=uxujjHI-EY_njx6J
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
Leonie Vermaak
Currently Reading:

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Hi Scott sorry just another question. Do I have to appear in the video? Or will my voice and subtitles be sufficient? Thanks in advance.
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Leonie Vermaak wrote: โ†‘19 Nov 2023, 22:44
Hi Scott sorry just another question. Do I have to appear in the video? Or will my voice and subtitles be sufficient? Thanks in advance.
You do need to appear in the video.

Thank you,
Scott

John Owen
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by John Owen »

https://youtu.be/5sxK1NfKvQI

There goes my entry. A little camera shy but I gave it my best. :-) :tiphat:.
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.

Return to โ€œCommunity & Off-Topicโ€