The higher your level, the less free & paid books to review

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 609
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

The higher your level, the less free & paid books to review

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Hi there.

Hope you all are well. I'm curious, why is it that the higher you move up in your reviewer levels the fewer books you get for free to review and the ones you do get are hardly paid reviews. I'm only on level 2 now, but I've noticed that most of the paid review books are now self-purchased, which is not always possible for me to afford. Why is that? I don't want to be a pain or offend anyone, but when I joined OBC it was because it's stated that you get free books to review and you get paid for it. I know it states that some of the paid reviews will be self-purchased but not most. This statement in my opinion is what sell the website and want people to join, especially if they are avid readers like myself. I just want to know if the paid reviews from Level 3 upwards will be only self-purchase books? I really enjoy this so I hope you'll understand where I'm coming from with my question. Lastly, some of self-purchase books you get "free to read" on KU or even free to download, but I can't choose to review these books, as when choosing the book to review you only have the "self-purchase" option to choose from. So now I can't review the book as to click on the 'self-purchase' option when I got it for free, would be in my opinion dishonest. Is there any way to work past this issue?

Hope to get feedback on all of this soon.

Have a blessed day.
Gene Gene
Currently Reading: Deceptive Calm
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Gene Gene »

please can you show me how you reached level 2๐Ÿ˜ญ I'm new and I wanna level up!
Indigenous Kin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-indigenous-kin.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman
2024 Reading Goal: 120
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Indigenous Kin »

Gene Gene wrote: โ†‘16 Feb 2024, 01:30 please can you show me how you reached level 2๐Ÿ˜ญ I'm new and I wanna level up!
Make sure you follow the guidelines, use grammarly too, so you don't commit typos and errors.
If you want things to be different, perhaps the answer is to become different yourself.
:auto-biker:
Gene Gene
Currently Reading: Deceptive Calm
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Gene Gene »

Hello, I made an error and got banned from the review team, can I get back?
Leonie Vermaak
Currently Reading:

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Gene Gene wrote: โ†‘17 Feb 2024, 18:35 Hello, I made an error and got banned from the review team, can I get back?
Hi Gene

I'm not sure but please go onto Scott's FB messanger and ask there or email the review support team to ask how you get back on the review team.
Leonie Vermaak
Currently Reading:

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Gene Gene wrote: โ†‘17 Feb 2024, 18:35 Hello, I made an error and got banned from the review team, can I get back?
Hi Gene

I'm not sure but please go onto Scott's FB messanger and ask there or email the review support team to ask how you get back on the review team.
Leonie Vermaak
Currently Reading:

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Gene Gene wrote: โ†‘16 Feb 2024, 01:30 please can you show me how you reached level 2๐Ÿ˜ญ I'm new and I wanna level up!

Hi Gene
You have to work to get your review points up. Check the guidelines how to do that. I have found that to be active on the forums and to read and review often is the best way to go. You have to work to get high scores on your review, that helps a lot with work towards your levels. Also enter the Free Giftaways dayly, this also helps a bit. You have to be active as much as possible and try especially with the BOTM discussions. You earn points there as well. If you battle with your review scores try Quillbot and Wordtune to help proof reading your reviews. Of all the apps I found these two are the best, not 100% correct but much better than Grammarly.
Leonie Vermaak
Currently Reading:

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Hi Gene
You have to work to get your review points up. Check the guidelines on how to do that. I have found that to be active on the forums and to read and review often is the best way to go. You have to work to get high scores on your reviews, that helps a lot with work towards your levels. Also enter the Free Giveaways daily, this also helps a bit. You have to be active as much as possible and try especially with the BOTM discussions. You earn points there as well. If you battle with your review scores try Quillbot and Wordtune to help proof reading your reviews. Of all the apps I found these two are the best, not 100% correct but much better than Grammarly.

Return to โ€œCommunity & Off-Topicโ€