Payout Deadlines Keep Being Pushed Back

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Ceildric
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Madrigal's Magic Key to Spanish
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceildric.html
Latest Review: Nimue: Freeing Merlin (Barnes & Noble Edition) by Ayn Cates Sullivan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 3%

Payout Deadlines Keep Being Pushed Back

Post by Ceildric »

It has been over two months now since my first review was published on this site (technically only review, since my second one was incorrectly rejected, and support are absolutely unwilling to resolve that). In that time, I have had multiple verification hoops to jump through. Instead of asking them of me upfront all at once, each one is introduced a week or weeks apart. And each time the three week payment window gets pushed back.

I should also note that each time that new verification was "needed", I never received an email, or a notification here. I had to be checking the history page manually every day or couple days. Otherwise, more delay!

Today, after 23 days with no payment, I see some fresh text on my history page (again no notification), saying that a moderator will verify the picture I took of myself and my id. That was the last verification step I submitted to them weeks ago. So, they have sat on it for these three weeks and done nothing. Meanwhile they once again "suggest" I verify my name with Facebook.

Problem is, I cannot. I explained this to them and asked support if there wasn't some alternative solution to get maximally verified. No. Like with other issues support staff here were useless and clearly did not understand my messages. Little better than chatbots they are.

I'm tired of the run-around Scott.
Jennifer Cowhig
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-cowhig.html
Latest Review: The Covid Murders by Greg Vigdor
Reading Device: B0775717ZP
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by Jennifer Cowhig »

I'm sorry you are dealing with this. I am with you that the support staff sometimes feel like chatbots as sometimes the reply emails don't have anything to do with my query (but for other issues). I am not Facebook verified either, but I have been getting paid just fine (though it has slowed down too). The current review payment timeline says to wait three weeks after the most recent update. I would just keeping bothering them or contact Scott directly on socials as sometimes persistence is the only thing you can do.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”