Unresponsive to my concerns

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Grace_Crier
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-crier.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 90%

Unresponsive to my concerns

Post by Grace_Crier »

I have a concern regarding my rejected review. Because, they rejected it after three weeks. I was waiting for a payment pending for 3 weeks only for it to be rejected because there's inaccuracies. They can't answer me and unresponsive when i'm asking for an explanation why did it happened. My review was evaluated and said I didn't violate any guidelines. I scored 30/30. Then it was published. And suddenly there's a PRQ inaccuracies which I agree I'm wrong. But, I just don't understand why it wasn't rejected in the first place and made me painfully wait for 3 weeks and got nothing. And now if this is a wrong on their end. They are not even taking accountability. Not even at least a real apology.
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 224
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Girls in the Hall by Tony Andras
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 73%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

I'm sorry that this happened to you. I just got a review rejected for inaccurate PRQ after it was already published almost 6 months ago and I already got paid for it. What is the point? Only to knock points off my score? I believe that once it has been published, that's it. No more going back and rechecking it for inaccuracies. If they made a mistake and didn't catch all of the errors, too bad. They need to swallow their pride and just leave it alone. I think that it only makes them look bad if they published a review only to reject it weeks or months later. It shows that someone was not doing their job in the first place.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Bradley Twesten
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: Truth and Evil by G. Edward Martin

Post by Bradley Twesten »

Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis wrote: 23 Apr 2024, 19:54 I just got a review rejected for inaccurate PRQ after it was already published almost 6 months ago and I already got paid for it.
That is very frustrating to hear that someone is spending time going back 6 months when many of us are waiting out our 3 weeks over and over for someone to review our work and push it forward to the next steps. I feel like every review is independent rather than a follow up. I had a review score 65, and they said it was a great review but I didn't document the book's errors correctly. It implied if I would fix those errors, that I would get the 30 point bump up. The next reviewer definitely didn't just pick up where they left off and credit me the 30 points. They did a full review and knocked off a bunch of points for grammar errors. Writing isn't my strongest area, which is why I put my reviews through 3 grammar and spelling checkers. Paid and unpaid. This 2nd reviewer really seemed to be taking off points for writing preferences rather than writing inaccuracies.

There is just so much inconsistency.
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 95%

Post by RJ Reviews »

I will hope on and agree with all these! What's the point in going back 6 months! The PQR should be checked simultaneously so that a review gets accepted or rejected in due time & that's it. Not after 6 months of being published. The whole system has some bumps that no one seems to be answering to. Some editors are helpful as they clearly explain what went wrong & how we can fix that. But some will deduct points without much explanation.

And now even payments aren't coming through even after being approved. Regulations say that a review is considered overdue after 3 weeks of last status update. This basically is frustrating because as soon as like 20 days pass, it says preferences updated & the counter restarts at 0! It's a constant loop. So technically a payment is never overdue and thus moderators say they can't do anything as it's not overdue. How is that fair? The timeline should be 3 weeks after publication or confirmation of PQR data, not last status update. So that we aren't stuck in a loop. I am now discouraged to pick up new books & dedicate my time reading.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 224
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Girls in the Hall by Tony Andras
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 73%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

They are not going to credit you 30 points for anything. They say that you will get this and that if you do this, but you don't. I have submitted four reviews in the last month. All were published, and one scored 97%. I have commented on several forums. I have added books to my bookshelves, and I comment every day on the BOTD on here and on all the social media. I have gotten nothing, zero, nada, no points in over a month. In fact, they keep deducting points. The review that was rejected from six months ago resulted in a couple of points deducted. When you do well, nothing, but when you do something wrong, points are deducted. If you go to admin or a moderator, they don't help. They just send you a message that has nothing to do with the problem or they beat around the bush and don't answer your question. I don't think that Scott can be of any help as 1 - You can't get a message to him, and 2 - I think that he's interested in other things now. The 3rd edition of his book and starting other companies. It's very disappointing when you really spend time and try to do a good job, but you don't get rewarded anymore.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Bisami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bisami.html
Latest Review: Where Is Your Eternal Destiny? Heaven or Hell by Vi Lindemuth

Post by Bisami »

I am going to piggyback on this site because I have a different problem. I am a rookie reviewer, I'm not good. With the second review I posted on this site, it became problematic.

I got an email today saying that I have been given several update reminders- but it doesn't mention anything at all about the multiple times I reported my issue, yet told me if there is an issue to report it and sent me to a retired forum I can't even post in because of my status.

To overdue-update-reminders here is my response:

"Respectfully,
You say I've gotten several updates but I've sent in multiple if not already several reports saying that I've already completed this task but the task keeps prompting me and sending me emails that it hasn't been completed. I even tried to send the review again and still same emails. "
It also says I have a payment pending? Is that what's causing the issue?

I've got responses from my reports but they are extremely unhelpful even though I explain the situation they tell me to be more specific.
How more specific can I get? It keeps saying I never sent in a review!

Please check your system and your people, I have done my part. No one is hearing me when I keep reporting the problem. It has already been reviewed and scored. Right now on my scorecard it shows my reviews have been graded 4 times already, the reviewers must be sick of me. Please update your system. "

You guys are my witnesses

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”