Anime Anyone?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Angela Stripes
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 04073">The Savage Damsel and the Dwarf</a>
Currently Reading: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angela-stripes.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Anime Anyone?

Post by Angela Stripes »

Hey all! Just wanted to guess that I'm not the only anime fan on the forums.

Right now Durarara, and Sword Art Online are my top 2. I'm on the first episode of Bleach, and looking forward to getting into it. Fate Stay Night-- Unlimited Blade Works was good too, though there was a lot of repetition which slowed the story down.

Thoughts?
Alicnim
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicnim.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Post by Alicnim »

Naruto Shippuden is by far my all time favorite. Am still sad it ended. Bleach is my 2nd best, also ended :cry2: since these two, I can't find myself following any other.
cnrd6812
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cnrd6812.html
Latest Review: "The Right to Nominate" by Thomas E Peterson

Post by cnrd6812 »

I've been an anime fan for many years myself. Among my favorites, I would list Mirai Nikki (mostly because of Yuno), Madoka Magica, Hellsing, Konosuba, and Paranoia Agent, though that's by no means comprehensive. I'm currently watching My Hero Academia and rewatching Jigoku Shoujo as prep for season four. I don't typically get into the more mainstream shounen stuff, though SAO was pretty cool.
Angela Stripes
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 04073">The Savage Damsel and the Dwarf</a>
Currently Reading: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angela-stripes.html

Post by Angela Stripes »

Alicnim wrote:Naruto Shippuden is by far my all time favorite. Am still sad it ended. Bleach is my 2nd best, also ended :cry2: since these two, I can't find myself following any other.
They're definitely unique! My friend, who is also a big fan of the two you mentioned, also enjoys Dragon Ball Z. Though I've never had an interest in it, you might enjoy it?
cnrd6812 wrote:I've been an anime fan for many years myself. Among my favorites, I would list Mirai Nikki (mostly because of Yuno), Madoka Magica, Hellsing, Konosuba, and Paranoia Agent, though that's by no means comprehensive. I'm currently watching My Hero Academia and rewatching Jigoku Shoujo as prep for season four. I don't typically get into the more mainstream shounen stuff, though SAO was pretty cool.
I've heard of Mirai Nikki! But I haven't seen any of those. Just goes to show how vast anime is!

Have you guys seen Your Name? I know it got a lot of hype, but I really enjoyed it.
Alicnim
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicnim.html

Post by Alicnim »

I've also tried Onepiece. Besides these 3, I've not checked out the rest. My husband has been seeing Claymore and Kenichi lately. I'll try these next.

-- 13 Sep 2017, 14:03 --

I've never liked Dragon Ball z, I got bored with the plot.
cnrd6812
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cnrd6812.html

Post by cnrd6812 »

Kimi no Na wa (because subs over dubs) was awesome, and probably one of the better approaches to the genderswapping/shared body theme. Out of the classic anime, probably only Hellsing and Cowboy Bebop are must watch for newcomers, though PA was done by the guy who made Paprika and Tokyo Godfathers, both of which are awesome films. MM and KS are fairly new still. Also I remember Claymore being pretty good, almost along the lines of a gender-reversed Berserk, though like Berserk it badly needed a continuation.
DeboraSilva
Currently Reading: The Ask and the Answer
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deborasilva.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by DeboraSilva »

I like the classics, like Naruto and bleach (I did try one piece but the art was kind of hard for me), but I have a pretty wide range of tastes. Pandora Hearts was kind of cool, though the manga is better, Noragami is entertaining. I'm currently watching the new season of Shingeki no Kyojin and Hamatora are next in line.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
boardj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boardj.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by boardj »

I love Durarara! Currently I'm watching Naruto and I love it (I'm late to the party haha)! My favorite animes are: Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, Full Moon O Sagashite, Vampire Knight, Noragami, Fruits basket (both new and old), Ranma 1/2, and Rin-ne.
My favorite animated movie is Howl's moving Castle
Inkroverts
Currently Reading: The Book Thief
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inkroverts.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Inkroverts »

I haven't kept track of the new anime these days. But Death Note is a classic and I definitely recommend it.
nana7613
Favorite Book: The Cat in the Hat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nana7613.html
Latest Review: A Life Naive by Oliver Phipps
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by nana7613 »

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Demon Slayer
La Cabra
Currently Reading: Jag &auml;r Zlatan
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-la-cabra.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by La Cabra »

A lot of people mentioning Durarara. Personally, I really disliked it. It was just too underwhelming! I'm sorry, I'm just too picky I guess. I never watched a lot of anime, but I have read a lot of manga. If anyone wants suggestions, here are mine:
- Pandora Hearts (prolly not best if you've never read manga before cos this one's a bit complicated)
- Attack on Titan
- Deadman Wonderland
- My Little Monster

As for anime:
- Charlotte
- Deadman Wonderland
- Darker Than Black
Sasha_100
Favorite Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Currently Reading: City of Ghosts
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sasha-100.html
Latest Review: Heroes of Atlantis by Ryan Carriere
fav_author_id: 2502

Post by Sasha_100 »

La Cabra wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 13:17 A lot of people mentioning Durarara. Personally, I really disliked it. It was just too underwhelming! I'm sorry, I'm just too picky I guess. I never watched a lot of anime, but I have read a lot of manga. If anyone wants suggestions, here are mine:
- Pandora Hearts (prolly not best if you've never read manga before cos this one's a bit complicated)
- Attack on Titan
- Deadman Wonderland
- My Little Monster

As for anime:
- Charlotte
- Deadman Wonderland
- Darker Than Black
It's nice to see another Pandora Hearts fan, cause not many fans read the manga after the anime, even though it's good.
DragonLight877
Favorite Author: Patrick Rothfuss
Favorite Book: The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonlight877.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov
fav_author_id: 3201

Post by DragonLight877 »

So I really liked Black Butler. I am currently trying to watch Naruto. I also liked Bleach and Sword Art Online.
I just like all sorts of anime, because Fruits Basket, Clanned, and Oran High School Host Club were also good ones.
PRECIOUSreads
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preciousreads.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by PRECIOUSreads »

Boku no hero academia, nanatsu no taizai / seven deadly sins, Tokyo ghoul, bleach, one-piece, fairytale, Naruto and basically anything shonen jump related.
PRECIOUSreads :techie-studyingbrown:
ClareSpelick
Favorite Book: Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc
Currently Reading: The Unari Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by ClareSpelick »

My husband wasn't allowed to watch Naruto growing up, so it's been slow going rewatching every episode (we're around 340 in Shippuden atm). We're currently watching Twelve Kingdoms to break up the screaming monotony.
Personally, I always loved Yu Yu Hakusho, Ghost Hunt, Twelve Kingdoms, and Saint Seiya the best, but Naruto's always been close to my heart for its longevity and mixed age interests.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”