What pets do you have?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Pecorino
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Pecorino »

More than a dozen dogs, mixed breeds so I'm not sure what exactly to call them (except family, haha)

We also have 2 hens and 2 roosters (I haven't checked lately if the chicks are alive), 5 birds (I know 4 are zebra finches, not sure about the 5th one).

We also feed stray cats who go to our house, so not sure about their exact number. :P
Knowledge and art supplies are my Number 1 source of energy!
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

My dogs are very, very small. If you play fight with someone they will bite, kick and scratch them constantly until the owner says "stop."

If the dogs feel that you are slightly disturbed in anyway they will attack the person that is assaulting you, fake or not.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." - Dean Koontz
Pecorino

Post by Pecorino »

Jacob wrote:My dogs are very, very small. If you play fight with someone they will bite, kick and scratch them constantly until the owner says "stop."

If the dogs feel that you are slightly disturbed in anyway they will attack the person that is assaulting you, fake or not.
Personal experience says that the smaller the dog, the bigger it actually thinks itself to be :lol: Our line of dogs are pretty small compared to the breed we had when I was a little kid. xD

Awesome dogs you have, trained or is it just their instinct?

I love big dogs. Big furry dogs are just so huggable. <33333
Knowledge and art supplies are my Number 1 source of energy!
TornUpReaper

Post by TornUpReaper »

I don't have any pets anymore. I used to have a dog named Randy, and a ferret named Mr. Ferret. He was awesome :lol:
~*~ Shay ~*~
Aileenhu
Currently Reading: Daisy Chain War

Post by Aileenhu »

I have four black axolotls that are named after four string instruments [Violin; Viola; Cello; Double Bass]. Now, the smallest ones are male [Violin and Viola] and the other ones are female. I had another two white axolotls (one male, another female) until they died.
:D Enjoy your day~
Teesie

Post by Teesie »

I have a Ragdoll Persian Cat that lives in the house, we call him Big Kitty cuz he is. We have 6 adult cats outside, all female but 1. That being said the 1 male cat is a pimp. Lol. Four of the females just gave birth, and he keeps trying to get the other two pregnant, but they are still too small. We have only found one litter of 5. We haven't the slightest clue how many more there could be. The 6 outside cats' names are Stretch (that's the male), Little Stretch (because she looks just like Stretch just half the size), 360 (because when was little if you starteled her she would do a 360 backflip LOL), Wild Kitty (because she is pretty much wild, she won't come near us, and doesn't let her offspring either), Black Kitty (she's pretty much wild too, she only came around recently), and Great Grandmama Kitty(because she's been around the longest)

I have one cat at my Mama's house named Cassie, after the dragon in Dragon Tales.

We used to have a toy chiuaua who thought he was a cat. It was the funniest thing ever, he tried to mate with the cats. LOL! His name was Bud.

Oh, and we have a chicken. She doesn't really have a name, we just call her Chicken.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives one.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Teesie wrote:I have a Ragdoll Persian Cat that lives in the house, we call him Big Kitty cuz he is. We have 6 adult cats outside, all female but 1. That being said the 1 male cat is a pimp. Lol. Four of the females just gave birth, and he keeps trying to get the other two pregnant, but they are still too small. We have only found one litter of 5. We haven't the slightest clue how many more there could be. The 6 outside cats' names are Stretch (that's the male), Little Stretch (because she looks just like Stretch just half the size), 360 (because when was little if you starteled her she would do a 360 backflip LOL), Wild Kitty (because she is pretty much wild, she won't come near us, and doesn't let her offspring either), Black Kitty (she's pretty much wild too, she only came around recently), and Great Grandmama Kitty(because she's been around the longest)

I have one cat at my Mama's house named Cassie, after the dragon in Dragon Tales.

We used to have a toy chiuaua who thought he was a cat. It was the funniest thing ever, he tried to mate with the cats. LOL! His name was Bud.

Oh, and we have a chicken. She doesn't really have a name, we just call her Chicken.
You sure he wasn't drinking the Bud?
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Pecorino wrote:
Jacob wrote:My dogs are very, very small. If you play fight with someone they will bite, kick and scratch them constantly until the owner says "stop."

Personal experience says that the smaller the dog, the bigger it actually thinks itself to be :lol: Our line of dogs are pretty small compared to the breed we had when I was a little kid. xD

Awesome dogs you have, trained or is it just their instinct?

I love big dogs. Big furry dogs are just so huggable. <33333
Mainly trained, Mr. Charlie thinks he is a brave warrior and tries to show off sometimes.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." - Dean Koontz
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Youre right about small dogs being agressive, one of my chihuahuas is not even as big as a shoebox, when my neighbors let their st. bernards out, they have 2 of them, my dog Taffy wants to go out and kick their butts. She wouldnt even be a mouthful for them. When a cow broke down my fence and got in the yard she was ready to go out and tear ass.
A24

Post by A24 »

one yellow lab - Macy. She was adopted from my brother after his wife passed away recently. My brother travels a lot for his job and Macy needed a loving home. She's such a sweetie and has changed me into a dog lover!

5 cats - O'Malley, Tilly, Mocake (my daughter couldn't say Snowflake), Caramel, and Cookie.

3 hamsters and 2 hermit crabs.

A house full of kids, pets, and love!
Euphoriameantime

Post by Euphoriameantime »

Miss my pets, they're all living with my mom states side.

Golden retriever - Pixie
Cat - Artemis Foul (Arty-Farty the Party Foul) Notorious for knocking drinks over.
Fran

Post by Fran »

I don't have any pets but I'm seriously considering getting a Dodo ... hear they make the best pets. :lol:
- My Home by Clive James
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

Fran wrote:I don't have any pets but I'm seriously considering getting a Dodo ... hear they make the best pets. :lol:
Oh, Fran, Jasper Fforde has well and truly corrupted your mind.....<smile, smile>
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
Fran

Post by Fran »

Maud Fitch wrote:
Fran wrote:I don't have any pets but I'm seriously considering getting a Dodo ... hear they make the best pets. :lol:
Oh, Fran, Jasper Fforde has well and truly corrupted your mind.....<smile, smile>
Just look what you started Maud :lol:
- My Home by Clive James
Teesie

Post by Teesie »

Fran wrote:
Teesie wrote:I have a Ragdoll Persian Cat that lives in the house, we call him Big Kitty cuz he is. We have 6 adult cats outside, all female but 1. That being said the 1 male cat is a pimp. Lol. Four of the females just gave birth, and he keeps trying to get the other two pregnant, but they are still too small. We have only found one litter of 5. We haven't the slightest clue how many more there could be. The 6 outside cats' names are Stretch (that's the male), Little Stretch (because she looks just like Stretch just half the size), 360 (because when was little if you starteled her she would do a 360 backflip LOL), Wild Kitty (because she is pretty much wild, she won't come near us, and doesn't let her offspring either), Black Kitty (she's pretty much wild too, she only came around recently), and Great Grandmama Kitty(because she's been around the longest)

You sure he wasn't drinking the Bud?
Ha ha. No he was just like that. He'd never been around other dogs. Just cats. It was funny too because we tried to mate him with another chiuaua, but he didn't want anything to with her. He walked up, sniffed her, then backed away, and took off after one of the cats. LOL! Of course it wasn't just cats. It was anything fuzzy. We always wanted to get a long hair chiuaua and see if he was interested, but then he passed away, :cry: He was quite old for his breed though.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives one.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”