If you could have one superpower what would it be?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Dragonflytears
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dragonflytears »

hmmmm toss between invisability and flying - ooohhh what fun that would be :D
~ “Books are a uniquely portable magic.” ~ Stephen King

Join us on facebook: bookoutletcom
Trillian

Post by Trillian »

Super speed for me. I was always a flash fan. :D
A24

Post by A24 »

The ability to read minds. Or, even to see a different color or something to know when someone was lying.
“The Bible is worth all the other books which have ever been printed.”
~Patrick Henry
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

A24 wrote:The ability to read minds.
Everyone always says this but think about it, would you really want to know whats going on in another persons mind? Think of all the rubbish and weird stuff that you think of from one minute to the next, be it images, hatred, insults, sexual fantasies etc. If i could see all that stuff every day from every person i me, i think i would go mad :lol:
You only live once.....so live!
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

StephenKingman wrote:
Everyone always says this but think about it, would you really want to know whats going on in another persons mind? Think of all the rubbish and weird stuff that you think of from one minute to the next, be it images, hatred, insults, sexual fantasies etc. If i could see all that stuff every day from every person i me, i think i would go mad :lol:
That's a good point ... expect you'd want to be able to 'stop the clock' given the day that's in it :lol: :lol: :lol:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
A24

Post by A24 »

Fran wrote:
StephenKingman wrote:
That's a good point ... expect you'd want to be able to 'stop the clock' given the day that's in it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, it could be pretty overwhelming. Sometimes my own head swims sometimes! No, I would definitely have to have the ability to turn it on or off when I wanted to.
“The Bible is worth all the other books which have ever been printed.”
~Patrick Henry
Simworm
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: White Noise - Don DeLillo
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Simworm »

A24 wrote:
Fran wrote:
StephenKingman wrote: Everyone always says this but think about it, would you really want to know whats going on in another persons mind? Think of all the rubbish and weird stuff that you think of from one minute to the next, be it images, hatred, insults, sexual fantasies etc. If i could see all that stuff every day from every person i me, i think i would go mad :lol:
Yes, it could be pretty overwhelming. Sometimes my own head swims sometimes! No, I would definitely have to have the ability to turn it on or off when I wanted to.
Yeah it could be like Aro from the Volturi(twilight) who hears thoughts by touch.
"Oh, tis love that makes the world go round" - Lewis Carroll
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

That would definetly suck to read minds, I wouldnt want to know what weird crap that people think. You are right, you would go mad, you would probably end up sitting on the floor in a corner sucking your thumb an gibbering nonsense. No, thoughts need to be private.
Tip the Bottle

Post by Tip the Bottle »

The power of complete control over time.

How great would it be to stop time as I traveled to destinations. I would never lose time sleeping because I would stop time sleep and resume time when I woke up. I'd never miss a part of a show because I had to poo.
"When the give you things, ask yourself why.
When you're grateful to them for giving you the things you should already have anyway, ask yourself why."
-Lady in Blue, rebel broadcast
Simworm
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: White Noise - Don DeLillo
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Simworm »

Tip the Bottle wrote:The power of complete control over time.

How great would it be to stop time as I traveled to destinations. I would never lose time sleeping because I would stop time sleep and resume time when I woke up. I'd never miss a part of a show because I had to poo.
Come to think of it, this power would be awesome! There never seems to be enough time!
"Oh, tis love that makes the world go round" - Lewis Carroll
Bighuey
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Tip the Bottle wrote:The power of complete control over time.

That would be a good thing, especially before they had tv recording devices. Ive always missed the best parts of a show in the bathroom.
Davinci

Post by Davinci »

I know it's not a superpower but wouldn't it be great to be happy all the time?

I don't want to conquer the world
Ghastlies

Post by Ghastlies »

^ completely agree.
i want a superpower that turns sad, and depressed people happy.
positiveman or something
Ant
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by Ant »

Without doubt it would be invisibility :twisted: :twisted:
BookBuddy

Post by BookBuddy »

I would like to have a healing power. However I would also like this ability to come with deleting the memory of the healed person otherwise my house would be pretty crowded...

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”