Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Discuss the June 2015 book of the month, "The Message?" by Avam Hale.
adigun_deborah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by adigun_deborah »

Well articulated! I think I will like to add this to my bookshelves. Nice review! The way you introduce every character in the story is so unique. I love it.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3018
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

The fact that I would mostly enjoy about the book is that it is thought-provoking. I wonder how Leah's message will be received and how she will spread it. Thanks for the review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Chris Micheal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopher-n-10.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Chris Micheal »

An interesting story about a miracle that happened to leah warner. Thanks for thr great review.
china_doll
Currently Reading: Feminist Therapist: How Second Wave Feminism Changed Psychotherapy and Me
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by china_doll »

I just want to comment really quickly on the idea that "God" wants all humans to abandon personal ambitions and world possessions to love one another.

First off, no one who abandons their passions can truly love another...they can't even love themselves because they're miserable from not doing the things they love. And as the Bible itself says to "love your neighbour AS you love yourself" that premise doesn't even fly. One bit.

Besides the fact that there are several different ways to show love and different love languages. If I, for example, should abandon my job, because you know, "worldly possessions" and MY love language is gifting...how then do I cope if I can't buy myself stuff that I like?

I would love to discuss this further. Anyone with an opposing or similar view please drop a comment below. This is the one thing in the review that really touched me.
Akangbe Opeyemi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Qualify
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akangbe-opeyemi.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Akangbe Opeyemi »

This book seems interesting. A woman miraculously got healed from a coma and talked about meeting God. I like the book already and your review is very wonderful.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

Love and selflessness are great messages to promote. I wonder which religions endorse her message and which push back against it. This seems like it will be a great read. Congrats on BOTD.
Mary Rose Cajayon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-rose-cajayon.html
Latest Review: 17 Laws of Nature by Maurice Huff

Post by Mary Rose Cajayon »

The book seems to be a very good book that will make me more closer to God.I am a Christian and books like this is my first choice of book because it will strengthen my faith in God.I like to know more about Lea and his kind doctor. Congrats BOTD!
Akiteng 196
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades of Grey
Currently Reading: Chameleons

Post by Akiteng 196 »

I loved the review. The book sounds very fascinating. I read the first 5pages and the book is intriguing from the beginning.
Akiteng 196
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades of Grey
Currently Reading: Chameleons

Post by Akiteng 196 »

I loved the review. The book sounds very fascinating. I read the first 5pages and the book is intriguing from the beginning.
Vinecent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vinecent »

Wow, a religious, political, economic and philosophy based storyline. It's a story to learn a lot from.
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

The subtitle of The Message? states that it is a "thinking" thriller. This in itself is already intriguing because the author's choice to reveal that the novel is "thinking" on its own is a very captivating feature of the story. Congratulations to the author for BOTD!
Michael Talco
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Michael Talco »

Leah Warner's accident became an eye opener. The message that God wants Leah to share to everyone may be doubted but mysterious /miraculous occurences
do occur and only the believers do believe. To be changed we really got choices for the better or for the worst. Thanks for letting us read the concise review.
Mihiri Wasana Mohottala
Currently Reading: Cut Yourself a Break
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mihiri-wasana-mohottala.html
Latest Review: Fast-Starting A Career of Consequence by Fred Sievert

Post by Mihiri Wasana Mohottala »

The message? by Avam Hale is about Leah Warner who is a widower. She had a car accident and went to a coma. A miracle happened curing her completely with leaving any signs. Later she spread love and selflessness concept. This get mixed with politics, religions, and economics not to believe by Americans.
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

A woman wakes up from coma, claiming that she has seen and talked to God. The book will make you ponder on religious and philosophical questions. This seems very thought provoking. Congrats on botd!
Siphesihle Prince
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siphesihle-prince.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Siphesihle Prince »

This isn't just another story about a remarkable miracle by God, no, unlike most books of similar premise that have all proceedings occur in this rosy, magical and perfect setting by God, this novel perfectly captures the conflict a messenger would have to endure while persuading their genuine ministry to a skeptic and largely secular world.

I don't even like religious books, but this lovely review has sparked an interest in even myself, as I'm eager to see how the messenger of God in this book, Leah Warner, tackles the many obstacles her fellow human beings will put in her path.

Return to “"The Message?" by Avam Hale”