Personal phrasing

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Natalie Pierce
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalie-pierce.html
Latest Review: Pulse: Book One by B.A. Bellec

Personal phrasing

Post by Natalie Pierce »

I did not realize points would be deducted due to the editors preferring one word to another. "Number" versus "amount". If the editors want specific words used, it needs to be stated in writing. There's a difference between constructive criticism and "nitpicking".

If you want something specific, write it down! There is also differences in dialect that play a role in how one writes/talks. That is not taken into account when editors review submissions.

How do I write a review that fits what the "editors" want while staying true to my opinions on the book? What dialect do I have to replace my own with so that it is "good enough"?

Return to “International Grammar”