What is wrong with this sentence?

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Abacus
Favorite Book: Elizabeth's Garden
Currently Reading: Zonas de
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abacus.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Icon What is wrong with this sentence?

Post by Abacus »

I imagine that this sentence could be improved, but I am looking for actual grammar errors.

The sentence includes a quote from Wikipedia - He describes The Shaman Cycle as fictional urban shamanism: "a Western adaptation that draws on contemporary and modern roots." Wikipedia.

( Grammarly tells me the sentence is "Terrific work?" but maybe Grammarly is not 100% reliable?)
Tamika Chitwanga
Currently Reading: The Reason: How I Discovered a Life Worth Living
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamika-chitwanga.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Tamika Chitwanga »

:techie-reference: The "a" should be capitalized unless it was a continuation of a broken off sentence, in which case it should have been punctuated to indicate that.

Return to “International Grammar”