Comma Compendiums

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

eclecticredhead
Favorite Book: Tweak
Currently Reading: The Red Badge of Courage
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eclecticredhead.html
Latest Review: The Great Awakening by Arthur F Seymour
Reading Device: iphone

Icon Comma Compendiums

Post by eclecticredhead »

Boy, those editor scorecards can sure be rough. After being thoroughly discouraged over multiple instances of comma misuse, I set out to improve myself. I purchased The Big Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation and devoured it immediately. It was a great text which helped me brush up on my grammar, and I even learned a few things. However, my use of commas still seems to leave much to be desired. I am requesting some reading recommendations from you fine bibliophiles. Specifically, I am searching for recommendations for educational reference books that can clearly provide instruction for the proper use of commas. I can (and have) perform a quick google search for dozens of such titles, however, I hope that the wealth of knowledge in this community will be my saving grace. :tiphat:
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Duplicate topic
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “International Grammar”