Grammar Mistakes In Informal Writing

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Aya Noaman
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Grammar Mistakes In Informal Writing

Post by Aya Noaman »

If a book, such as Kalayla, is written in an informal style, it contains many errors which, if fixed, would ruin the tone. Should I skip them or should I note ten of them, like normally? And if I skip them, how can I distinguish between intended informality and actual mistakes?
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 510
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Aya Noaman wrote: 11 Jul 2022, 09:09 If a book, such as Kalayla, is written in an informal style, it contains many errors which, if fixed, would ruin the tone. Should I skip them or should I note ten of them, like normally? And if I skip them, how can I distinguish between intended informality and actual mistakes?
Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out. If you are unsure if the errors are actual errors, you can list them as uncounted errors in the error list. Make sure to separate the uncounted errors from the objective errors by writing "Uncounted errors" above the list of subjective errors. The uncounted errors would not be considered a part of the objective list. The International Grammar Forum is a great resource to ask questions about potential grammatical errors-

International Grammar Forum-
viewforum.php?f=72

If you need any further clarification or assistance, please let me know. :tiphat:
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo

Return to “International Grammar”