MIND READING WORLD?

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

POETIC PACIFIC
Favorite Book: The Illuminati Conspiracy
Currently Reading: The Poetic Pacific
Bookshelf Size: 220

MIND READING WORLD?

Post by POETIC PACIFIC »

Does the term 'Mind Reading World' mean anything to you? Is it a new kind of vocabulary or something you are familiar with?
a musical mind!
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Janet Kimetto »

POETIC PACIFIC wrote: 19 Sep 2022, 05:34 Does the term 'Mind Reading World' mean anything to you? Is it a new kind of vocabulary or something you are familiar with?
Is it fantasy you're writing?
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Rachel Gillig, One Dark Window
POETIC PACIFIC

Post by POETIC PACIFIC »

C Janet wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 11:10
POETIC PACIFIC wrote: 19 Sep 2022, 05:34 Does the term 'Mind Reading World' mean anything to you? Is it a new kind of vocabulary or something you are familiar with?
Yes, it is something like or sounds like a fantasy. But the term 'fantasy' is defined as; 'the faculty or activity of imagining impossible or improbable things.' So it does not really mean the same thing as the "mind reading world" because the mind reading world does exist and it is possible and probable.
The mind-reading world I am referring to is in fact, imaginable and at the same time probable and possible. So it is not a fantasy like imagining the impossible, but it is fantasy as imagining the possible.
It is a place where people read the minds or read the minds of other people. It is not a fantasy world but it does really exist. I develop the term 'mind reading world' because it is made up of people who read other people's minds.
a musical mind!
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Janet Kimetto »

POETIC PACIFIC wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 20:08
Yes, it is something like or sounds like a fantasy. But the term 'fantasy' is defined as; 'the faculty or activity of imagining impossible or improbable things.' So it does not really mean the same thing as the "mind reading world" because the mind reading world does exist and it is possible and probable.
The mind-reading world I am referring to is in fact, imaginable and at the same time probable and possible. So it is not a fantasy like imagining the impossible, but it is fantasy as imagining the possible.
It is a place where people read the minds or read the minds of other people. It is not a fantasy world but it does really exist. I develop the term 'mind reading world' because it is made up of people who read other people's minds.
I agree; that doesn't sound like a fantasy story. To me, if there is magic, vampires, witches, shifters, the Fae, demons, and (or) any other supernatural beings, it's fantasy (or it could be paranormal), and that doesn't seem to be the case here.

The first thing I thought "mind-reading world" meant was a world where people read minds, yes, but different from the human world. And since a different world would already have a name, the reference—mind-reading world—would have to have come from someone who's an outsider (a human, most probably) and new to it all (the mind reading). One who had probably visited that world and travelled back (or been told about it). (But then that would also mean everyone could read minds in that other world.) That's why I asked if what you are working on is fantasy; I thought it was telepathy magic (in the fantasy sense), and I see that it is not. Of course, this is what I thought because I read a lot of fantasy, so the term would probably mean a different thing to a different person.

I'm still curious, though; do you mean "mind-reading world," like a kind of society that exists in our world? If yes, you could maybe just introduce it to the reader through the story (they could discern its meaning depending on the context), and then you wouldn't need to add it to the vocabulary list.

I don't know if this is any help, but all the best in your work!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Rachel Gillig, One Dark Window
POETIC PACIFIC

Post by POETIC PACIFIC »

C Janet wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 15:49
POETIC PACIFIC wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 20:08

I agree; that doesn't sound like a fantasy story. To me, if there is magic, vampires, witches, shifters, the Fae, demons, and (or) any other supernatural beings, it's fantasy (or it could be paranormal), and that doesn't seem to be the case here.

The first thing I thought "mind-reading world" meant was a world where people read minds, yes, but different from the human world. And since a different world would already have a name, the reference—mind-reading world—would have to have come from someone who's an outsider (a human, most probably) and new to it all (the mind reading). One who had probably visited that world and travelled back (or been told about it). (But then that would also mean everyone could read minds in that other world.) That's why I asked if what you are working on is fantasy; I thought it was telepathy magic (in the fantasy sense), and I see that it is not. Of course, this is what I thought because I read a lot of fantasy, so the term would probably mean a different thing to a different person.

I'm still curious, though; do you mean "mind-reading world," like a kind of society that exists in our world? If yes, you could maybe just introduce it to the reader through the story (they could discern its meaning depending on the context), and then you wouldn't need to add it to the vocabulary list.

I don't know if this is any help, but all the best in your work!
Hi C Janet,
Thank you so much for discussing this at length because you have helped me to see from a different person the work I am doing. It seems you have understood well, the meaning I termed about the term 'mind reading world', because from these few words, I was able to define it, and from what you have said, it looks like you are able to quickly grabs the meaning and have described it well. If that is so, then my whole work and the book I published can also be understood properly as well.
In fact, the 'mind reading world' does exist, and you are right when you say, is a term developed by a person who has visited that place from the outside, and that place is made up of people who read minds.
To be honest with you, this world does exist and it's real, and it exists in the current world in which we live today. It is within this globe and in a country within this world to be precise. If I say more it will be like I am using this forum to directly promote my work or my book. But if you are interested and want to know more about this world, you can check out the book links on my profile.
It was a term I developed to describe that world when I visited it from the outside, and in my book, I have to develop many new terms as well to describe that world. One important thing you should consider is that this world has amazing discoveries, which I have come to know and which can be the solution to many of the problems that our world is facing. But we should be careful in how we define them as well because they are not fantasy as being magical or demonic as you have stated.
But they are a clean kind of fantasy or magic because they [the people in the mind-reading world] exist according to and along our existing systems of justice and laws that govern our country and lives. They are super powerful, but not in bad and dangerous kind, but good, lawful and loving-kind.
When I am writing to describe them, [which I have done in my first book and now I am working on my second book] I have to be very careful in the types of wording and terms [vocabulary] that I use, because I have to describe and define correctly their supernatural and fantasy nature. So in my first book, I have developed a vocabulary section to describe this world and its people and ways of their lives.
Thanks
a musical mind!
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Donna Walker »

Sounds like a good title for a fantasy novel to me.
POETIC PACIFIC

Post by POETIC PACIFIC »

Donna Walker wrote: 24 Feb 2023, 13:04 Sounds like a good title for a fantasy novel to me.
Thanks, Donna!
a musical mind!
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Telepathy world.
That is what first came to my mind when I read the title.
There are times when two individuals are able to read each others mind without speaking or writing. Or sometime someone says something that you were about to, and you'll have the moment that "you stole words from my mouth". I do agree there is a real possibility of mind readers in present world. It can be because we perceive body language, know the other person and know what they'll think. Or maybe an innate ability as our environment won't allow communication. In danger situation.
I am thinking three different things, but it's all coming from reading the above exchanges. I am intrigued.
POETIC PACIFIC

Post by POETIC PACIFIC »

Kavita Shah wrote: 01 Jun 2023, 23:03 Telepathy world.
That is what first came to my mind when I read the title.
There are times when two individuals are able to read each others mind without speaking or writing. Or sometime someone says something that you were about to, and you'll have the moment that "you stole words from my mouth". I do agree there is a real possibility of mind readers in present world. It can be because we perceive body language, know the other person and know what they'll think. Or maybe an innate ability as our environment won't allow communication. In danger situation.
I am thinking three different things, but it's all coming from reading the above exchanges. I am intrigued.
Thanks, Kavita,
You are right, it is a telepathy world, and there is a process people living there uses to read other people's mind. The fundamental points and ideas about this telepathic world can be found in my first book "The Poetic Pacific". "The Mind Reading World" is the title of my second book which goes into full detail to describe that world.
Something most important and profound about that world is that; it has solutions to most of the problems we face today in our current world where we speak and write. Some of these solutions are as follows; Solutions to completely eradicate hunger as a form of poverty because it is a hungerless world, solutions to eradicate diseases and illness, solutions to eradicate wars and conflicts and achieve peace, etc. And there are many more. It is more powerful than one might think.
The thing here is that I am on a mission to communicate and showcase this world to the people of the world we currently live in. You are intrigued by the exchange above and I am honored to know that because, through such discussions, I will be able to eliminate certain confusion, misunderstandings, or doubts I might have about my own work and enable me to develop correct descriptions and explanations of that telepathic world.
a musical mind!
POETIC PACIFIC

Post by POETIC PACIFIC »

Donna Walker wrote: 24 Feb 2023, 13:04 Sounds like a good title for a fantasy novel to me.
Thanks Donna,
It's not really a fantasy, but it is a real world. Fantasy may sound unreal or not true, but the Mind Reading World, is actually real and true and people do live there. People living there do read minds and survive in that way. I was there and I am currently living there. It is a world that exists within the current world where we live, but people read minds and communicate that way.
a musical mind!

Return to “International Grammar”