So many mistakes

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Sydney Hannah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-hannah.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

So many mistakes

Post by Sydney Hannah »

Hi! I'm doing my first review and had a question about grammar. The book I chose has 5 mistakes in the first 3 pages. Can I stop at 10 and enjoy the book, or do I need to read the entire book carefully and write ALL mistakes down? The book is almost 400 pages.
I feel like I'm proofreading a paper for school 😆
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Sydney Hannah wrote: 17 Oct 2022, 22:02 Hi! I'm doing my first review and had a question about grammar. The book I chose has 5 mistakes in the first 3 pages. Can I stop at 10 and enjoy the book, or do I need to read the entire book carefully and write ALL mistakes down? The book is almost 400 pages.
I feel like I'm proofreading a paper for school 😆
You only need to note the first ten. I usually keep going until about 12 in case I change my mind about one, as well as to indicate that there are more than ten in the book as a whole because this will affect the rating. But no, you don't need to note them all. I hope they are not too distracting as you finish the book!
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod

Return to “International Grammar”