Spacing

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Spacing

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

Does too much spacing between words considered an error?

If yes, how do you submit such errors to the review team when you find them all over the book?
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

You need to determine if the error is a formatting error. Maybe your reading device is not compatible with the ebook as well. Both these issues will result in pervasive "errors" throughout the book.

That said, it is very possible that extra spacing is a grammatical error. I know this isn't very helpful, but you need to examine each case separately.
kipper_
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kipper.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by kipper_ »

If it's all over the book, it's more likely the formatting, as the user above mentioned. If it's an occasional thing, I would be more inclined to think that it is a legitimate typo. If it is the latter, I would go about marking it as an error in any other typical way that you would for other errors.
Omneya Shakeep
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

You need to be sure that it isn't a format error. Try changing the app you are reading with if possible. If it's a format error it will appear. If not possible try copying a few of the sentences with the spacing error to a word file, it will also help to clarify if it's an error or not.
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Post by Emily Meadows »

I agree with what everyone said above. I will often adjust the size of the font on my Kindle to see if the "typo" lingers. But if yes, I will generally list it as an error, give the page number, and say "too many spaces between x word and x word". If there is any doubt, I will make it an uncounted error.

Return to “International Grammar”