Grammar Opinion Needed

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Leslie McKinley King
Currently Reading: The Rose Code
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leslie-mckinley-king.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Grammar Opinion Needed

Post by Leslie McKinley King »

New reviewer here. I received the feedback on my first review. I was confused on a few things so ran it by my neighbor, a copy editor (newspaper, not books). She had some guesses but was also confused on a few of the suggestions. Worth a recheck request? Thoughts? The ( ) are all apparently suggested deletions?

Editor Comments:
Two adolescent boys – one the son of a civil war soldier, the other of a Lakota warrior – experience a chance meeting in the woods that grows into an almost (decade long) friendship.

...a period in which tensions took place in the Western United States between a coalition of Native Americans, (westward moving) white settlers, and the United States Army.

Simple illustrations of maps coordinating (to) battle descriptions are included, allowing the reader a visual understanding.

The reader awards (the) rating of 3 out of 5 stars.

Return to “International Grammar”