Review of "On Jesus, One Way"

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Joy Swanepoel
Favorite Book: Dread Tribunal of Last Resort
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-swanepoel.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Review of "On Jesus, One Way"

Post by Joy Swanepoel »

In my review, I mentioned "Taking into account the different style of writing..."
The Editor note that it should have been "styles" which is not what I meant. The author writes in one style throughout the book, which is different from the way one normally talks or writes.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Joy Swanepoel wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 02:31 In my review, I mentioned "Taking into account the different style of writing..."
The Editor note that it should have been "styles" which is not what I meant. The author writes in one style throughout the book, which is different from the way one normally talks or writes.
Hi,

Were you marked down for only this one instance? If you have consistently referred to “a style” in your review, this sentence would be no exception, and your statement is fine as written. You would be justified in requesting a recheck if you desired. But if you mentioned different types of “styles,” the editor’s note may be warranted.

Since this is more of a subjective difference, if you decide to request a recheck, remember to give solid evidence (such as other examples in your review where you reference this one “style”) to support your case. Also, you don’t have the opportunity to add to your request if the editor rejects your recheck request and you decide to request an admin recheck, so be very thorough. Only you can decide whether a recheck is worth the risk. If it is rejected by the editor and the admin, you lose a count in both categories, but if it is approved, you get your count(s) back.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks

Return to “International Grammar”