I am feeling so down after my review wasn't accepted. Help!

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Rosie Dany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosie-dany.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

I am feeling so down after my review wasn't accepted. Help!

Post by Rosie Dany »

So guys, what happened is they said: "you have the potential to be a reviewer however take your time to recognize the guidelines"
What I want from you is to help me feel confident again.
I will be grateful.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Rosie Dany wrote: 07 Apr 2023, 06:28 So guys, what happened is they said: "you have the potential to be a reviewer however take your time to recognize the guidelines"
I will be grateful.
Hi Rosie,

Your wish has been granted! :D The new guidelines that went into effect this week are less strict, but I still encourage you to refer to the previous ones to make your reviews even better. Besides recognizing the guidelines, are there grammar issues that you have questions about? Post them here, and we would be happy to give you our two cents or point you to a reputable source. Hang in there! :handgestures-thumbupright:

And let us know when your next review is published so we can celebrate with you. :happy-cheerleaderkid:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Rosie Dany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosie-dany.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Rosie Dany »

Thanks,
Surely I will inform you.
I am really into reading though my reviews have been rejected.
I thought I would give up, but something drives me here back to read more.
I guess it's not fun to give up just because you have been rejected twice or more try harder each time maybe someday It will be accepted.
Bianca Morano
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

Rejection is indeed discouraging and depressing. It's normal to feel that way, your emotions are valid. However, we must try and try again. You are not alone in that experience. We can still learn from our mistakes.
Christine Johanna Miszuk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine-miszuk.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christine Johanna Miszuk »

Rosie Dany wrote: 07 Apr 2023, 06:28 So guys, what happened is they said: "you have the potential to be a reviewer however take your time to recognize the guidelines"
I will be grateful.
I just had the same exact experience. I just felt so down because I really thought my review was wonderful. It turns out I made a very silly mistake. It took me a bit to convince myself to choose another book to review.

My suggestion is, take a step back. There's no timeline as to how often you have to do a review. If you take a break and go back into it with a fresh mind I found that helped me.

Also I know you think you know the guidelines but look over them again and compare them to your review. I know it can feel frustrating but I had to remind myself the editor doesn't know who you are. They are simply editing what they see.

Stay in it. It's worth it!

Feel free to message me anytime. Maybe we can bond over our frustrations!
Christine Miszuk
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Rosie Dany wrote: 07 Apr 2023, 06:28 So guys, what happened is they said: "You have the potential to be a reviewer however take your time to recognize the guidelines"
I will be grateful.
Hi Rosie, please don't be discouraged by this rejection, instead try and try again. I have been rejected many times but here I am still reviewing books because I love this job. We won't learn if we weren't made mistakes. Every mistake is an opportunity to step up the ladder! You are amazing! You are intelligent! Keep reading and writing, in time, you'll be an expert.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Alfaro Ritz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alfaro-ritz.html
Latest Review: This May Be Difficult to Read by Claire Rubman

Post by Alfaro Ritz »

I just had the same experience. I am about to give up and fill my head with how worthless and frustrated I am with myself. I love reading books. I used to read three books in a week, but it was my first time writing a review. Reading the comments from your post encouraged me to move forward for with better hope.

Return to “International Grammar”