Sentences marked as having errors

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Anett Fangli
Currently Reading: Gilded
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anett-fangli.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Sentences marked as having errors

Post by Anett Fangli »

Hi, I was wondering if someone could check the following sentences because they were marked as grammatically incorrect. :(

"Reconfigurement written by E. Alan Fleischauer delves deeper into the strategies and planning behind retirement and challenges the traditional approach many financial service industries advertise."
Apparently the book title should have a comma after it but I don't think that sounds right. Also, the editor said that in 'strategies and planning' the 'and' should be replaced with a comma even though 'planning' is a noun.

"I appreciated the author elaborating on complicated theories and only explaining the key aspects of each chapter."
The editor marked this as an error and changed part of it to "author's elaboration of" in brackets. Not sure if this sentence has an error though.

I'd appreciate any help, thank you.

Return to “International Grammar”