Error report guidelines

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Diana Carolina P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-carolina-p.html
Latest Review: Stress Test: How Donald Trump Threatens American Democracy by William Cooper

Error report guidelines

Post by Diana Carolina P »

Hello.

I've been deduced 30 points from my review score because in the error report I didn't quote the full sentence where the error can be found. I 've been searching for this guidelines and haven' t been able to find them. Can someone tell me where they are?
Blackstenius
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

The guideline that requires you to quote the full sentence is the in the second point under the Typos and Unintentional Grammar Errors sub-heading. Here's the link to the guidelines:

review-team/guidelines.php
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.
Mu Fisher
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mu Fisher »

I downloaded the book but only read the first few stories. I went to work came back home to finish the book. I couldn’t find it again. Please remove me from the book club. I do enjoy reading however, I do not enjoy being harassed to complete a task when I can’t get back to the literature.
Claudia Angelucci
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudia-angelucci.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Claudia Angelucci »

Diana Carolina P wrote: 18 May 2023, 12:36 Hello.

I've been deduced 30 points from my review score because in the error report I didn't quote the full sentence where the error can be found. I 've been searching for this guidelines and haven' t been able to find them. Can someone tell me where they are?
This happened to me with the first few reviews I wrote. I didn't understand at all what the editor was talking about. Then, one of the editors clearly explained to me that I had to write the full sentence when listing the errors. Strangely enough, I had read the guidelines but didn't notice that detail! It cost me a lot of points.
Grace_Crier
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-crier.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 80%

Post by Grace_Crier »

I thought It's only me who had that problem. I recently got the same issue with my review.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
jamarsters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamarsters.html
Latest Review: Nimue: Freeing Merlin (Barnes & Noble Edition) by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by jamarsters »

I just encountered this same problem! I'm not sure why that tidbit seems so hidden in the Guidelines. Luckily my second Editor was very clear in explaining where I had gone wrong. It's only my second review, so I suppose there is always going to be a learning curve, but I'm encouraged to hear that I'm not the only person who made that mistake.
Johann Talania
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-johann-talania.html
Latest Review: Chasing Dragons between Dimensions by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by Johann Talania »

Hello. Please help me. My published review here has an error. I made a mistake. How can I correct it?
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 15%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

I can't even relate to this. My first review is complete but it hasn't been published yet and I just submitted my second review.

Return to “International Grammar”