Question about notifications

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Alissa Nesson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Question about notifications

Post by Alissa Nesson »

Hello! I’m having some trouble figuring out how notifications work here. I’ve posted hundreds of comments on threads and even posted some of my own questions, but the notifications I get baffle me. I’ve gotten notifications that someone has commented on the same thread I have, but I haven’t gotten notifications when someone has directly replied to one of my questions. I have gone back to these posts to check, which is the only reason I know there have been replies. I don’t know if anyone has replied to any of my comments on other threads because there’s no way to go back through them all. Is there a reason for this? Am I missing something fundamental about where to look for notifications? I only know one place and there’s usually an email to go with them as well. I don’t understand this. Thanks!
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island
Lizzie Mustard
Favorite Book: The Moonstone
Currently Reading: Lessons in Chemistry
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzie-mustard.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Lizzie Mustard »

On the left hand side of the page at the top, click on the symbol of three bars. This gives you a menu, and the 4th one down is Notifications. Click on this for the User Control Panel. It opens in Overview. Then from the menu at the top, choose Board Preferences.
Alissa Nesson
Currently Reading:

Post by Alissa Nesson »

Thank you so much for your reply. I checked that out and it looks like I can choose to get emailed the same notifications I’m getting notifications on the page for, but I can see no reason why I’m not getting notifications when someone replies directly on one of my posts. I didn’t get a notification about your reply, for example. I always get notifications when someone else posts a reply on something I replied to, but nothing about direct replies. Am I the only one this issue? I have to go back through the posts to find mind and check for replies.
- Once On This Island
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 344
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: Bob and Bobbie and Other Short Stories by Derek Richard Fairey
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

Alissa Nesson wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 14:35 Thank you so much for your reply. I checked that out and it looks like I can choose to get emailed the same notifications I’m getting notifications on the page for, but I can see no reason why I’m not getting notifications when someone replies directly on one of my posts. I didn’t get a notification about your reply, for example. I always get notifications when someone else posts a reply on something I replied to, but nothing about direct replies. Am I the only one this issue? I have to go back through the posts to find mind and check for replies.
Are you choosing "Notify me when a reply is posted" at the bottom of your post?
Alissa Nesson
Currently Reading:

Post by Alissa Nesson »

No! I did not realize that couldn’t be automatic like all the other notifications! Kind of weird but really good to know. Thank you so much!
- Once On This Island

Return to “International Grammar”