Mumbo Jumbo From Support

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Alissa Nesson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Re: Mumbo Jumbo From Support

Post by Alissa Nesson »

Yes, he is frequently unhelpful. I’ve seen him do it to others as well. The fact is, if you’re correct in your assertion and you have proof of it, it should be a no brainer to fix. I don’t know why it isn’t and I’m so sorry these are your first experiences here. You can contact support about that review that hasn’t been verified and see if you can get anywhere with them. Maybe you will, maybe you won’t, but give it a try. Don’t let them forget about it. I don’t know why things are so difficult and inconsistent here. I hope things get better. Feel free to send me a message anytime if you wanna talk because I definitely get it.
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island
Alissa Nesson
Currently Reading:

Post by Alissa Nesson »

Ceildric wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 15:15
Alissa Nesson wrote: 11 Apr 2024, 15:27 Quick question for you all. Does anyone know what is required to become a member of the support staff? Are there any qualifications needed? Are they volunteers or are they employees? If you have any answers I’m very curious about how they are chosen. Same for administrators, if you know. Thanks!
They are paid. He said as much to me in our conversation on Facebook, and I have also seen an old (2023) thread on his other forum (philosophy) advertising for trainee positions starting at $10 per hour.

https://onlinephilosophyclub.com/forums ... p?p=447266
Thank you! I was starting to wonder if those people were AI. I tried to find out what was required because they’re so frequently unhelpful or misinformed that I was curious and nobody would tell me anything except that I should join Scott’s mentorship program. I’m not interested in the job, but I was interested in the information and it was like it was a big secret. Doesn’t look like it takes any qualifications except being stoic. That explains a lot.
- Once On This Island
Tijesuni Ayobami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tijesuni-ayobami.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Tijesuni Ayobami »

I totally get the frustrations. Took a long time to fix one of my issues too. By the way, does anyone know if you can use the PayPal of a family member if you don't have one
Alissa Nesson
Currently Reading:

Post by Alissa Nesson »

Tijesuni Ayobami wrote: 18 Apr 2024, 04:46 I totally get the frustrations. Took a long time to fix one of my issues too. By the way, does anyone know if you can use the PayPal of a family member if you don't have one
Hey! It says on the site that you can only use your own PayPal account. Can you create one?
- Once On This Island

Return to “International Grammar”