Official Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti

Discuss the July 2015 book of the month, The Wicked Wives: A Novel Based on a True Story by Gus Pelagatti.
RITWIK ROY
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti

Post by RITWIK ROY »

a good and apt review for this interesting story. very well crafted words depicting how greed for money and lust can make people kill innocent individuals.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 644
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Abhishek Kumar Gupta, I just read your comments on the official review of "The Wicked Wives" and I agree it is a story with many twists and turns that kept me glued to my seat to read it. Whether it is fiction or non-fiction, a story like this could have really happened and could be happening right now except the size of life insurance policies would be much higher. I found this to be an excellent book. @Mrleftry0706
Jabulile Mahlangu 1
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Obsidian Tomorrow
Bookshelf Size: 32
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 28%

Post by Jabulile Mahlangu 1 »

A tailor in love with rich women in Philadelphia is out to make himself some real money. Giorgio Disipio stars as a man who lures married unhappy woman to his bed but mostly they needed him to do the killing of all their husbands.

"After nine years , I'm bored and he is anxious". These are words of Lillian a woman married to an old man called Reggie. Now ,apparently Reggie suffered a jaundice and an pneumonia simultaneously. He suffered cold feet recently and also complained of his off tasting alcohol. He was sick and about to die, it didn't matter now did it?

Lillian gives her husband a poisoned glass of his regular alcohol. He suffers a fit and goes cold. Lillian notices this and goes downstairs to his new lover Giorgio saying " I'll call the Doctor in the morning ".This doesnt surprise Giorgio at all as he thinks he knows what is at play here. Things were going to go very well ofcourse until the mother in law suspects foul play in this. She decides an autopsy is the way forward.

These are women who are by far nothing without their husbands wealth. Who thinks of murdering someone for money unless of course money was the only thing that tied the marriage together. This is an easy to love thriller but more horrific to know it's based on a true story.

A 5 out of 5 rating for this amazing piece of evidence. It was compiled so well and the story told so clear I felt like I was part of the investigation team keeping up to date with it all. A read worth reading more than once
Stacy K
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacy-k.html
Latest Review: Truth and Evil by G. Edward Martin

Post by Stacy K »

Thank you for this thorough review. I am currently reading this book and I'm really enjoying it. I love crime stories and I'm surprised I haven't heard this true story before reading this. I love that you mentioned the title because I also thought a different title would be better suited for this book, something with a throwback to that era. I did some research on the story and found photos of the infamous "Poison Ring." According to the articles I read, a witch doctor was involved in the conspiracy so maybe that influenced the title.

Return to “"The Wicked Wives" by Gus Pelagatti”