Official Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti

Discuss the July 2015 book of the month, The Wicked Wives: A Novel Based on a True Story by Gus Pelagatti.
Chockanathan G
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chockanathan-g.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Re: Official Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti

Post by Chockanathan G »

Money is the ultimate form of desire and it is playing a significant role as driving force. This story is also revolving around the money and greedy. Wives are planning to take false insurance claim with the help of another man and decide to live a luxurious life. People who like to read crime thriller may appreciate this book.
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

The gripping legal thriller "The Wicked Wives" by Gus Pelagatti explores the intricacies of marriage, treachery, and justice. The Philadelphia-based book centres on defence lawyer Victor Carl while he handles a high-profile murder case involving a successful businessman and his three wives. Pelagatti skillfully combines courtroom drama, suspense, and complex character interactions to keep readers interested throughout. You'll be left guessing until the very end, as the plot takes many unexpected turns. A thought-provoking novel, "The Wicked Wives" will have you wondering about the true meaning of devotion, deceit, and retaliation because of its vivid descriptions, lively conversation, and well-developed characters.
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 234
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

One of my favorite genres now is historical fiction; it's incredible how many different interpretations we can have of the same event.
The intricate individuals engaged in these crimes and the idea of 1930s ladies who were so needy for cash to plot such heinous murders make this narrative captivating.
Great review very honest and well-written.
RomanceBound T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romancebound-t.html
Latest Review: Holy Terror by John R. Dougherty

Post by RomanceBound T »

This sounds like an interesting read. The plot is quite intriguing, I'd love to read the backstories of the rest of the wives and that plot twist you mentioned in the end... definitely gonna read it. Congrats on BOTD.
RomanceBound T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romancebound-t.html
Latest Review: Holy Terror by John R. Dougherty

Post by RomanceBound T »

This sounds like an interesting read. The plot is quite intriguing, I'd love to read the backstories of the rest of the wives and that plot twist you mentioned in the end... definitely gonna read it. Congrats on BOTD.
Sbitan Mohammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sbitan-mohammad.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Sbitan Mohammad »

This is quite shocking news, women murdering their husbands for insurance money? I look forward to reading more about how they conspired to carry out this horrible act. Interesting review!
Sonia_Gonzalez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

Based on a real crime, Wicked Wives follows a group of Philadelphia housewives who conspire with a tailor to kill their husbands and claim their insurance. When, one by one, men start dying, the District Attorney's Office starts investigating what is happening and what the connection is between each murder.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading: The Slippery Road.
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

What a thorough and thoughtful review of "The Wicked Wives" by Gus Pelagatti! Your attention to detail in describing the characters, the plot, and the historical setting really brings the book to life. Your appreciation for the author's ability to weave together multiple storylines is evident. It's clear that you enjoyed the book and found it to be a captivating read. Thanks for sharing your insights!
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

"The Wicked Wives" by Gus Pelagatti is a historical fiction novel based on true events in late 1930s Philadelphia, where housewives conspire with a tailor to murder their husbands for insurance money. The intricate plot unveils each woman's motive, weaving a captivating tale amidst a backdrop of dirty politics and societal prejudices. Thanks for the amazing review.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: The Incarnation by Arthur Telling

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

From your review I could tell that you enjoyed the book seeing your helpful insights, highlighting its intriguing plot, well-drawn characters, and engaging storytelling.
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Sh*t Happens by Gavin L James.
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

This sounds like my kind of book, historical fiction is often fun. I actually think the title works. The Wicked Wives are exactly what they are. I'm looking forward to reading this.
Feryal Mohamed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Feryal Mohamed »

At first, I was very surprised by the name and that the story was taken from real events, but as I read the events and imagined what was happening, I enjoyed a lot. Thank you for this wonderful book.
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Anu Anand »

"The Wicked Wives" by Gus Pelagatti is a gripping historical fiction based on true events in 1930s Philadelphia. It delves into the shocking conspiracy of housewives and a tailor to murder their husbands for insurance money. With well-drawn characters and a vivid setting, this riveting tale keeps readers hooked until the very end.
Ramadevi Tatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramadevi-tatavarthi.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Ramadevi Tatavarthi »

This review of "The Wicked Wives" offers an insightful look into Gus Pelagatti's historical fiction novel. The intricate plot, involving housewives scheming with a tailor to murder their husbands, captivates readers. Each character's backstory is meticulously crafted, enriching their motives and relationships. With a seamless narrative and engaging storytelling, Pelagatti skillfully delivers a compelling and memorable reading experience.
Sarvesh J Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarvesh-j-yadav.html
Latest Review: Exodus by Jean Hackensmith

Post by Sarvesh J Yadav »

I love the character. Lily, a past beauty pageant winner, used to be highly regarded for the gangster life and lifestyle of her husband. Although she knew what those actions could lead to, she decided to look away and continued living deludedly.

Return to “"The Wicked Wives" by Gus Pelagatti”