Truth versus fiction in this book?

Discuss the July 2015 book of the month, The Wicked Wives: A Novel Based on a True Story by Gus Pelagatti.
zeldas_lullaby
Favorite Author: ---------
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3452">The Thorn Birds</a>
Currently Reading: The Last Stonestepper
Bookshelf Size: 79
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Forever Twelve

Re: Truth versus fiction in this book?

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

Well, if you ever do research it, report back and tell us what you found out! :-)
debo9967
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debo9967.html
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover

Post by debo9967 »

I agree that a sizeable chunk of the book doesn't quite ring as true, but I guess all the fabrication was done to engage the reader, or rather, all kinds of readers. :|
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover
Christinar81
Favorite Author: Too hard to pick one
Currently Reading: Barracuda
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinar81.html
Latest Review: "Revelations From the Past" by Lori J Gordon

Post by Christinar81 »

I agree that it seems like quite a bit of the story was made up. I think the author took the facts he had about the case and then added all the rest to make the book more interesting to read. I really enjoyed reading it but I definitely felt it was fictional.
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West
Latest Review: "Revelations From the Past" by Lori J Gordon
ananya92
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
Latest Review: A Passover in Peshawar by AM Sardar
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by ananya92 »

Plenty of scenes came across as being fabricated but I think I'm fine with it, since the book was quite an interesting read.
Goms
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goms.html

Post by Goms »

I think one of the trickiest choices to make as an author is choosing the right title for your book. You want a catchy title that will sell fast and at the same time, you want something that will summarise what the book is all about. I must admit that at first, I was attracted by the title 'The Wicked Wives' but reading what people are saying about the book being erotica, I think a better title would have been 'The Sinful Wives' or 'Ssh, Don't Say A Word Wifey' or something along that line.
Then people will know that this is a story about people with lots of skeletons in their cupboards. Those who love things like that won't be disappointed and those who don't, will simple move on to the next book.

Return to “"The Wicked Wives" by Gus Pelagatti”