Does Music induce daydreaming?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Ambar Gill
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Power of Now
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambar-gill.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 72%

Re: Does Music induce daydreaming?

Post by Ambar Gill »

Hopefully not for everyone but definitely for me. Depending on the song, my daydreams shift and change. I do it a lot more than I should but, I think music just has the effect of putting us in our feels and making us dream. It's the background track to our imagination, which in turn, allows creativity to flow.
Ambar Gill :angelic-flying:
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rita-tom.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Rita Tom »

Neha Zala wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 21:58 Music is said to cause daydreaming, something I recently learned. Even for those of us whose imaginations are more vivid, music continues to be one of the most effective catalysts for daydreams. It has such a strong influence on my thoughts that I sometimes try to avoid listening to it at particular times since I know it can steer them in a certain direction. I am curious to know if it's the same for everyone.
Oh yes music actually causes me to daydream from time to time. I cannot remember the song right now but there are some songs that when I listen to I literally picture myself in another world food up if my hands managed to touch a long stick I will start fighting like I'm a princess of war something like that.
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

Ambar Gill wrote: 02 May 2024, 14:32 Hopefully not for everyone but definitely for me. Depending on the song, my daydreams shift and change. I do it a lot more than I should but, I think music just has the effect of putting us in our feels and making us dream. It's the background track to our imagination, which in turn, allows creativity to flow.
You literally pulled the words from my mouth. Yes it depends on the music I'm listening to the beat the real theme as sometimes a lyrics that's dictates what kind of dream I currently have during the day.
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

Chris Whitted wrote: 20 Jun 2023, 23:06 Interesting subject matter. I would say in my experience that I hear a song that triggers a memory that potentially will move my thoughts to the people involved and what sort of experience I may have if I ran into them in the near future.
Yes music does not just make me the dream like you said he also tree guys memory from my past. Sometimes I did say it three guys in memories from my past life I don't know if I believe in that but then these conversion to my mindset I never knew if I experience that or not but the memory is present in my hand not just as a dream but that's something that actually happened.
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

Tommy Mayengbam wrote: 23 Dec 2023, 02:39 I agree that music induces daydreaming. For me, music is an escape from reality.
The way you make it sounds as if reality has been beating you down to the points that you need to literally escape like a prisoner would from jail. Now I'm just laughing here right now because this cracked me up real good.
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

Zanne Crystle wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 19:33 Yes, this happens frequently for me. Usually, it causes me to think about something, a memory, a show, or anything, and then I fall down a rabbit hole of thought.
Right what I really hate about daydreaming or thinking about things is that just like you I fall down the rabbit hole of thoughts too. And once I start floating on that soft pool of thoughts I Just lose myself. It takes a really long time until I can pull myself out and face reality head on. I love music but I swear to God some times it drives me crazy.
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

Chris Konstantine wrote: 01 Feb 2024, 06:32 I think that depends entirely on two things, the music being played, and the individual listening to it.

So yes, music can induce daydreams, but isn't guaranteed to do so. Like all things, (and as Willie eloquently stated), beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It follows then that music can be sweet, captivating and mesmerizing...in the right set of ears.
You spoke nothing but the truth here. Right it depends on the individual because not everyone will be pulled into that trap of daydream and when the year I saw that they like. Unfortunately for people like me who are mostly dreamers it is very easy for us to be captured in the seductive tangles of daydreams when a song that he evokes some emotions comes.
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

Hee Ray wrote: 01 Feb 2024, 13:44 I personally think this is true. I've daydreamed while listening to music while awake and even while asleep. Music is a part of my daily life, so I think it's been influenced by that. It's like getting swept away into another world.
You know the funny thing that I experience whenever a day dream? That's daydream manages to find this way into my ninth dream while I'm actually sleeping. I love music but sometimes I wish that it would stop making me do that and by do that I mean dreaming my life away thinking of what could be living in our reality told you just because of the emotions that the song brought out of me. To be fair the music is not ready to be blamed but me but still because it's just easier...

Return to “Poetry & Music”