What genre describes your life right now?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rita-tom.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Re: What genre describes your life right now?

Post by Rita Tom »

Mbucknor wrote: 26 Nov 2014, 21:35 What genre of music describes your life right now?

I would pick acoustic, because I am feeling very I tune with my emotions. No excess background noise, just raw quiet emotion.
My is jazz. I can't explain why I picked that, but there is just something about it that I resonate with. I have always wondered if heavy metal says some about me though
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

Kelvinna wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 02:01 I'll say is afrobeat for sure, the sound is so real and deep i recommend the genre to others
Are you Nigerian. Nigerians love afrobeat a lot. I love it too, but I don't connect with it on that level. I think its mostly because many of the musicians rely on beat and not lyrics. So the beat can be fire, but the lyrics can be absolute trash, which many of them are. But because the beat is good, we don't pay much attention to the other things. This is sad
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

Zanne Crystle wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 09:08 Maybe Jazz, in a melancholy and contemplation type of way. I don't really listen to Jazz, but that's the vibe that I get from a lot of Jazz music that I've heard.
Oh my god. Me too. I listen to jazz once in a while, but whenever I do, I strangely feel like I am home. Like that very spot is where I belong.
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

Alexandur Gicov wrote: 10 Nov 2021, 17:48 I am intrigued by the question and quite a lot ?! That is a strange combination that I come across for the first time. Admiration for the idea to compare life with music, congratulations! That really made me think, and I think it would be a genre suitable for an accurate description in Metal style.
Wow. I don't get metal at all. I cannot pretend to get it, but I wonder if it speak to me like it does to fans like you. I find it quite chaotic, a trait I seem to have especially in my thoughts.
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

Jojowrites4All wrote: 25 Oct 2015, 17:46 At this time, I'm feeling the highs and lows of Opera. A story is unfolding even if I don't personally understand.
I don't get opera. I want to, but I don't. Especially the ones that are not in English (is there anyone in English?) and do you even hear the words they sing?
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

Muhammad Haikal Birton wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 21:16 The genre that describes my life right now is romantic comedy. I enjoy a mix of genres, but romantic comedies often resonate with me the most.
Is there such music genre like Romantic comedy? But what you said is funny. I have never heard someone say that before
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

Owuamanam Eberechukwu wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 10:43
Mbucknor wrote: 26 Nov 2014, 21:35 What genre of music describes your life right now?

I would pick acoustic, because I am feeling very I tune with my emotions. No excess background noise, just raw quiet emotion.
Lol, I would pick classical if at all
It’s a genre. lol, right now classical best describes me
Yeah, I think classical is a genre.
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

biabobia wrote: 24 Oct 2015, 13:10 Indie Rock. Oh wonder, Wet, Børns, Troye sivan. They all basically describe my life, I'm currently so obsessed with the whole vibe that indie music gives.
I think I will try this out. I will listen to these.
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

ALynnPowers wrote: 25 Oct 2015, 04:42 Satire and parody
Is there such a genre as satire and parody?
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

jogja75 wrote: 09 Sep 2015, 22:14 maybe I like poprock genre. in Indonesia a lot just as a song papa rock and roll.
I love listening to these. In fact, one is currently playing.

Return to “Poetry & Music”