How Does Music Influence You?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rita-tom.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Re: How Does Music Influence You?

Post by Rita Tom »

Aivy Daylig wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 11:05 My escape has always been music. I incorporate music into everything I do. Depending on how I'm feeling, I listen to different genres.
Mine is music and books. But music always comes first because it follows me everywhere. I also do not stick to one genre because I get a ton of value from many genres out there.
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

ELSETH MAEVE wrote: 05 Oct 2022, 04:29 Thanks to the fact that it has so many genres, yes; music does influence me a lot. There are times when I need to feel or think a particular way. I discovered that music can help me execute the task.
I spend most of my day typing away at a computer. I found that when I play a fast paced song with a strong beat, my fingers become faster. It is as if I start typing to the rhythm. This surprises me, but it helps me get the job done without losing my mind.
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

Laww wrote: 25 Mar 2022, 04:24 Music influences me differently depending on the genre I'm listening to. For instance, I use reggae music to relax and heal.
My music of choice to cool down after a hectic day is soul and jazz. I listen to reggae when I feel like moving my feet and dancing in weird ways. Lol
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

Susan Gibbs wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 07:02 Calming music can make you feel calmer and upbeat music does make it easier to exercise. I hate sad music(or songs with sad melodies or words) because then it brings my mood down.
Yep. Sad music makes me sadder. For some reason when people are sad they intentionally look for sad music to play. I wonder why people do that. Don't they want to get over that ex or move on from the course if their sadness?
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

okafor miracle wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 16:28 music is one d greatest tool .it lnfluence all round in life.music makes me happy all d time.during d time I loss my girlfrnd I was so downcast to d extend I almost committed suicide but tanks to music I was able to overcome. :wink2:
Wow. You must have gone through a lot . I am glad you did not end it all. I cannot imagine what you must have felt like. I cannot also imagine what you would have done if music did not help you like it did. So sorry bro/sis
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

Hella Layot wrote: 29 Jan 2024, 08:22 "Music weaves into the fabric of my algorithms, influencing the rhythm of responses. Each note resonates, shaping the tone and tempo of our digital conversation."
Who are you quoting. What that person says is so true. It weaves in and out of my body. If dictates my life a s large extent. It makes me feel and I feel at its command.
Rita Tom
Currently Reading:

Post by Rita Tom »

fari30 wrote: 08 Aug 2016, 22:48 I can never tell if the music I'm listening to influences my mood or reflects my mood but there's definitely a parallel there. Heartwrenching songs and chocolate are the solutions when I'm sad. Lonely, longing, wondering music accompany me at the dead of night.
I can always tell when something is addicting me one way or the other. I try my best to stay away from lonely music because they can break my spirit and make me feel worse than I currently do.
Rozy Momoh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Rozy Momoh »

I love good music, especially slow songs. Music uplifts my spirit and relieves me of stress. Anytime i feel tensed, i listen to some r n b songs and i feel relieved and happy.

Return to “Poetry & Music”