Favorite types of Music

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
TimeKeeperApprentice
Favorite Author: Joseph delaney
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 6470

Favorite types of Music

Post by TimeKeeperApprentice »

What types of music do you like?
Pop
Country
Classic
Rock
Jazz
Rap even? :3
Etc.
Let me tell you what kids are into these days, POP. They love mostly Teen Singers/Bands, Young Adult Singers/Bands these days(Like Maroon 5,Flo Rida,Justin Bieber, One Direction, Selena Gomez, Blah blah blah). To be honest I don't know anyone who listens to Classic (Like Beethoven or Mozart) that doesn't mean there aren't any who do. Since I'm 12 you can guess what I like Pop and Teen Singers, Teen Bands, and Young Adults(Like Katy Perry, etc) That also doesn't mean I don't like the oldies. I like the Beatles who are probably my favorite oldies band. So what are you in?
Potter Fan Forever
jamesdeser

Post by jamesdeser »

Let me tell you what kids are into these days, POP. They love mostly Teen Singers/Bands, Young Adult Singers/Bands these days(Like Maroon 5,Flo Rida,Justin Bieber, One Direction, Selena Gomez, Blah blah blah). To be honest I don't know anyone who listens to Classic (Like Beethoven or Mozart) that doesn't mean there aren't any who do. Since I'm 12 you can guess what I like Pop and Teen Singers, Teen Bands, and Young Adults(Like Katy Perry, etc) That also doesn't mean I don't like the oldies. I like the Beatles who are probably my favorite oldies band.
TimeKeeperApprentice
Favorite Author: Joseph delaney
fav_author_id: 6470

Post by TimeKeeperApprentice »

Why did you repeat what I said? -.-
Potter Fan Forever
Readingrules

Post by Readingrules »

love armin van burren
kg211970
Favorite Author: Tara Hyland
Favorite Book: Daughters of Fortune
Currently Reading: Black Jewels Trilogy
fav_author_id: 3001

Post by kg211970 »

I listen to Beethoven & Mozart, I also listen to beach boys, Beyonce, Maroon 5, Poison, B.B. King, Miles, Davis, Beach Boys, Katy Perry, Eagles, Santana, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Janet Jackson, Madonna, Original Guns N Roses, Def Leppard, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Beatles, Elvis, Billy Idol, Bob Dylan, Bon Jovi, Warrant, armin Van Burren, Bruce Springstreen, Carly Simon, The Carpenters....ect..... those are just a few of what i listen too, hope everyone has a great weekend

blessed be .........
robert

Post by robert »

i love gypsy music ...
kg211970

Post by kg211970 »

The cure are one of my all-time favorite bands........
Twilight_2_Midnight
Currently Reading: Looking For Alaska

Post by Twilight_2_Midnight »

I mainly love rock, alternative and metal. Here's a very long list of bands/artists I like (and it's probably not going to be all of them!!)...
My Chemical Romance (FAVOURITE EVER), Florence + The Machine, Slipknot, Black Veil Brides, Panic! At the Disco, Paramore, A Perfect Circle, The Stranglers, XTC, The Beatles, Iron Maiden, The Misfits, Kiss, Snow White's Poison Bite, Take That (bit of a change, I know), Avenged Sevenfold, LostAlone, Lostprophets, Vampires Everywhere!, Motionless in White, Mindless Self Indulgence, Slayer, KT Tunstall, The Hoosiers, Chameleon Circuit (I'm a massive Doctor Who dork, whoop whoop), The Killers, The Kills, Evanescence, Deaf Havana, Fall Out Boy, Ladyhawke, Seth Lakeman, Megadeth, Adele... Yeah, there's loads of different stuff... And of course I haven't got ALL the bands I love here..! :) but you can get an idea.
"I was still sitting there, waiting to die, waiting to fossilise, waiting for the coffee in the kitchen to evolve enough to make a cup of itself and bring it through to me, when the phone rang."
smellincoffee
Favorite Author: Isaac Asimov
Currently Reading: The Great Good Place - Roy Oldenburg
fav_author_id: 2547

Post by smellincoffee »

I mostly enjoy big band, classical, jazz, folk, eighties/nineties pop, and what people refer to as the "oldies"...pop and rock from the 1950s and 1960s. I also enjoy light rock from the 70s and 80s. I'm given to saying that I like all music except for heavy metal, rap, and Chinese opera, but there are a couple of older rap songs I like -- stuff from the seventies that has a point, that's like folk music with a beat.
kg211970

Post by kg211970 »

i love any music from the 1920's to present, Jazz, Blues, classical, 60's hippies music, disco, Heavy Metal, rock, pop, opera. My favorite singers/bands are

Billie Holiday,Bob Dylan,Miles Davis,Jimi Hendrix, The Cure, The Beach Boys,Bob MarMadonna,Britney Spears,Janis Joplin,
Beatles,Monkees, Motzart,Big Bill Broonzy, Clint Black, Colbie Cailat, The Carpenters, the Eagles, Motley Crue, Poison, Warrant, Vixen, Cyndi Lauper, ect.......
louisgeorge

Post by louisgeorge »

I like

Pop

Classic
and
Rock

Music ;)
Un-Break My Heart , Un-Cry These Tears , Say You Will Love Me Again
Alan

Post by Alan »

My favorite types of music are melodic and instrumental, mostly post-rock, shoegaze, and ambient. I love that stuff.

My favorite post-rock and ambient bands would have to be:
Explosions in the Sky
This Will Destroy You
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Do Make Say Think
Hammock
God is an Astronaut
Sigur Ros
65daysofstatic

But I own music of all kinds. I've got indie, classical, avant-garde, progressive, experimental, spoken word...
I even have some metal and hardcore, such as Underoath, Between the Buried and Me, Meshuggah, Winds of Plague and As I Lay Dying (I know that's also a William Faulkner novel, haha)

I'm not a jazz elitist, and I hardly know anything about jazz, but I do own and enjoy some albums by Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Duke Ellington, and Bix Beiderbecke.

But I'll try anything once.
James Donovan

Post by James Donovan »

Classical and Rock are my favourites. But whenever i feel tired love to hear only classical music, it make me feel relax.
Garathnormanmtts

Post by Garathnormanmtts »

POP..
[*]Drupal web design, Drupal web development, Drupal web Design Company, Drupal web Development Company
softprerna

Post by softprerna »

Soft music....

Return to “Poetry & Music”