Favorite types of Music

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Brieviews
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Favorite types of Music

Post by Brieviews »

I've always loved country music, especially classic country music, but I will listen to anything. Rock, folk, electronic, and alternative are also much-loved by me, and yes, I do also listen to pop.
noahadams
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noahadams.html
Latest Review: "Hiram's Honor" by Max Terman

Post by noahadams »

I really like neo-80's/new wave stuff, ALA Tesla Boy, Cut Copy, Lazerhawk etc.
Latest Review: "Hiram's Honor" by Max Terman
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

I like just about any kind of music from the 1910's to the present if it has a good melody and the right feel.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

right now cole porter
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Yep One of the best.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

I'm on a big " 40's war-time music " jag....very nostalgic!..." I'll be seeing you in all the old familiar places " is a song that can rip your heart out of your chest....also, ALL of Leonard Cohen..." A thousand kisses deep ", " I'm your man " and my fave, " Dance me to the end of Love "...( which should win a " best music video " award )
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Ive got a bunch of Artie Shaw and Benny Goodman and Duke Ellington from that era, Ill have to dig them out. That stuff is great.
LeeMa

Post by LeeMa »

80's Rock. During the 80's, you didn't have the absolute rule of the big labels. There were many smaller labels who produced innovative music that today no one would dare to produce. This is why all songs today sound the same. Labels only sign up singers who sound like other successful singers, and use bland and shallow lyrics.
queen_libby
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: An Abundance of Katherines
Currently Reading: The Tale of Two Cities and Paper Towns
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by queen_libby »

Alternative, Indie, Indie pop, metal, chill, some pop
Ibanezakame
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibanezakame.html
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by Ibanezakame »

I love classic rock. The Beatles! I think I like bands that made history cause I play guitar.
Smitha Nayak

Post by Smitha Nayak »

Music could be in our daily habit. We can hear it on the radio, on TV, and in other places. It's even within us! I bet you would try to hum while doing chores.

There are hundreds of types of music. The common types are inside the wordle above. You can choose a type of music, and share your thoughts about it.

I would prefer Pop music because it perks up my day. Listening to upbeat songs could help get rid of stress and bad moods.
Quentin Tussey

Post by Quentin Tussey »

I love to listen pop and rock music but in my favorites POP comes at the first number.
Sine_Ni_Ceallach
Currently Reading: The Iliad by Homer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sine-ni-ceallach.html

Post by Sine_Ni_Ceallach »

Celtic, Americana, and Blues/Classic Rock are my favourites. Anything that's not too canned or commercialized for the most part. I can't get into jazz for some reason... I feel like I'm missing out on something.
"I could not be sure she was sane; and, in fact, there was a certain restless brilliancy about her eyes that half led me to imagine she was not." -Edgar Allan Poe
whybark
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whybark.html

Post by whybark »

Country
Smitha Nayak

Post by Smitha Nayak »

Music could be in our daily habit. We can hear it on the radio, on TV, and in other places. It's even within us! I bet you would try to hum while doing chores.

There are hundreds of types of music. The common types are inside the wordle above. You can choose a type of music, and share your thoughts about it.

I would prefer Pop music because it perks up my day. Listening to upbeat songs could help get rid of stress and bad moods.

Return to “Poetry & Music”