Which songs annoy you?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Re: Which songs annoy you?

Post by Silvia Sianto »

Havana by Camila Cabello will never stop being annoying. But as a whole I would say a lot of these new wave fluffy pop songs annoy me because they're written to be catchy and to chart, not to be good.
Joe Muriuki
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-muriuki.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Joe Muriuki »

Most of the modern music doesn't make much sense to me. I guess most musicians sing for money and not to convey a message or express their feelings like was the case some times back. In most cases there's more accompaniment than words. That's the way I see it.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

Those songs you can *tell* are made only to become viral on TikTok. The first verse might be decent enough, but then the chorus hits and it's just nonsensical lyrics meant to be catchy and dance to. It feels very soulless.
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Army Life by Darryl Jefferson

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

Some songs that annoy me include "Dance Monkey" by Tones and I, "All About That Bass" by Megan Trainor, and "Hey Soul Sister" by Train. I find the repetitive nature of these songs and their catchy but grating melodies to be particularly irritating.

Return to “Poetry & Music”