Thoughts on the popularity of kpop

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
João Ramos
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: Becoming Change Makers by Dr. Dominica McBride

Re: Thoughts on the popularity of kpop

Post by João Ramos »

There are always those who want to be different, and when something they like becomes mainstream, they get mad. :lol2:
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Anti-Black Prejudice In America by Anders Eklof

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

In my opinion, the popularity of K-pop is neither inherently good nor bad. It is what it is, a reflection of the current state of the entertainment industry and the preferences of the global audience.
Ambar Gill
Currently Reading: Once Upon a Broken Heart
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambar-gill.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 52%

Post by Ambar Gill »

I started listening to K-pop when I was in junior high and before it had hit mainstream media, I loved it. The vibes are totally different and I enjoyed learning about a new genre and culture. However, when I was in HS, it took off and became a worldwide obsession. In my honest opinion, I think it's fine that so many people are now introduced to this cool side of the world and they are learning about a culture totally different than their own, however, the crazy fan groups have become a problem. To enjoy and love something is one thing, but to threaten and insult someone because their bias is different from yours or don't like a certain group is something else entirely and not healthy at all. Absolutely enjoy the music and the groups, but keep it fun and light-hearted so everyone can enjoy it, including your favourite artist.
Ambar Gill :angelic-flying:
Ludovica Peruzzi
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

I like some kpop songs but mostly, I don't understand how it got to be as big as it is. Not going to say kpop artists don't deserve their success, because they're plenty talented - I just don't get all the hype, honestly. Maybe I haven't found the right group yet.

Return to “Poetry & Music”