Any recommendation of music that helps with depression

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Any recommendation of music that helps with depression

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Hi. These days, I feel down. What is your recommendation for music that alleviates my feelings? I recently listened to the music "Goodness of God" because it helped me manage my emotions. I'm looking forward to your recommendations.
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

I listen to a lot of classical music. Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Bach, Vivaldi are among my favorite composers.
Aivy Daylig
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aivy-daylig.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Aivy Daylig »

Whenever I feel down and felt like I have nothing to hold on to I used to listen to worship songs such as Still, Through It All, God Will Make A Way and Oceans. All of this helped me to go through the hardships of life.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I listen to a combination of the previous two posts when I need to feel uplifted. I have found violin music to be soothing. I love violinist Ruth Fazal. I go through some of her albums, pick out songs that I resonate with, and add them to a playlist. The song “Streams” from Songs from the River Volume I is one of my favorites. She also collaborates with other Christian musicians in primarily instrumental worship. In addition to contemplative worship, I find that adding praise songs refreshes me. I enjoy live worship collaborations like “Wait on You” by Maverick City Music and “The One You Love” by Elevation Worship. I don’t know if you use a music app, but many apps suggest other music based on what you play. I have found several gems and new artists by checking out the recommended songs.

All the best.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Anna Gabriela Contreras
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-gabriela-contreras.html
Latest Review: Earthships, book 2 by Bonnie Jane Hall

Post by Anna Gabriela Contreras »

I hope you are feeling better, I do not know much about Christian music but I can only recommend you keep listening to what has been making you feel better. For me, that is dance music, my favorite artist but for you that might not work. I am sending you all my love.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Loniya Chabili Mubanga wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 01:29 I listen to a lot of classical music. Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Bach, Vivaldi are among my favorite composers.
Thanks so much Loniya for your help and recommendations. I listened to all of them, and I loved it. I like them in Youtube so I can easily reach them and listen whenever I needed. Sending love from Philippines.🇵🇭🇵🇭
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Aivy Daylig wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 10:52 Whenever I feel down and felt like I have nothing to hold on to I used to listen to worship songs such as Still, Through It All, God Will Make A Way, and Oceans. All of this helped me to go through the hardships of life.
We have the same taste in music Aivy. I always listened to those songs as well. Just a nice feeling to ask for guidance and enlightenment from Him. Thanks for your help and recommendations. I appreciate you. Sending love from PH.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

MsH2k wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 17:41 I listen to a combination of the previous two posts when I need to feel uplifted. I have found violin music to be soothing. I love violinist Ruth Fazal. I go through some of her albums, pick out songs that I resonate with, and add them to a playlist. The song “Streams” from Songs from the River Volume I is one of my favorites. She also collaborates with other Christian musicians in primarily instrumental worship. In addition to contemplative worship, I find that adding praise songs refreshes me. I enjoy live worship collaborations like “Wait on You” by Maverick City Music and “The One You Love” by Elevation Worship. I don’t know if you use a music app, but many apps suggest other music based on what you play. I have found several gems and new artists by checking out the recommended songs.

All the best.
Thanks so much for your help and recommendations, Donna! I out rightly subscribed to Elevation Worship. I straightly love the music, " The One You Love". Wow, it's just soothing in my soul. I also like Ruth Fazal so in case I want to listen to violin type, I can easily reach her on YT. "Streams" is so reflective, I like it too. I appreciate you so much, Donna. Sending love from PH🇵🇭.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Anna Gabriela Contreras wrote: 06 Dec 2022, 08:31 I hope you are feeling better, I do not know much about Christian music but I can only recommend you keep listening to what has been making you feel better. For me, that is dance music, my favorite artist but for you that might not work. I am sending you all my love.
Hey Anna, thanks so much for your help and recommendation. I appreciate you. Yes, I did find dance music on YT, and I like one so in case I want to dance (which im not into it so much), I can easily find it. Thanks for sending a love, sending back. God bless!🇵🇭
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 18:55 Hi. These days, I feel down. What is your recommendation for music that alleviates my feelings? I recently listened to the music "Goodness of God" because it helped me manage my emotions. I'm looking forward to your recommendations.
Hi, Hazel. I hope you are feeling much better. Where in the Philippines are you located? I am from Tarlac in Central Luzon.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Miriam Molina wrote: 10 Dec 2022, 13:43
Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 18:55 Hi. These days, I feel down. What is your recommendation for music that alleviates my feelings? I recently listened to the music "Goodness of God" because it helped me manage my emotions. I'm looking forward to your recommendations.
Hi, Hazel. I hope you are feeling much better. Where in the Philippines are you located? I am from Tarlac in Central Luzon.
Hello Miriam. Thanks for reaching out. I am from Sindangan, ZN. Yes, I feel much better in the last few days and hope continually. I haven't been to Tarlac. Seems beautiful there.
Catherine Lebogang Kelapile
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Catherine Lebogang Kelapile »

Try gospel it might help. I love Tasha Cobbs and Anthony Hamilton
Writes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odhiambo-obedi.html
Latest Review: The Poison Of Perfection by Angela Wadley

Post by Writes »

I listen to a specific song fighter by gym class heroes and the words always manage to remind me that I am strong and I can overcome what am going through.
nangba
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by nangba »

Rock mix helps to gear up our mood actually
Alessandra Feria
Currently Reading: The Stand
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Alessandra Feria »

I get those waves of sudden blues more often than I'd like to admit and what helps me , even if it's in the slightest, is , in fact, blues.
i've got a playlist on spotify and it's my go-to.
It includes B.B King, Billy Branch, T-Bone Walker, Freddie King, Sister Rosetta Thrape, Mick Kolassa and many others..
Hope this helps.

Return to “Poetry & Music”