Is Music Becoming Better or Worse

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Joy Max
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-max.html
Latest Review: Scam Story by Gini Graham Scott

Is Music Becoming Better or Worse

Post by Joy Max »

Over the years, music has changed a lot. Some people tell me that music isn't inspirational anymore. Others tell me that music has improved a lot. What do you people think, is music getting better or worse?
Jevories Moore
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jevories Moore »

You my friend are listening to the wrong people if they say that music isn't inspirational anymore. If I was you I would change the people around me. You ever heard of the saying "if you can't change the people around you, change the people around you".?
Adekeye Hassan musab
Currently Reading: My Other Half
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-musab.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Adekeye Hassan musab »

Ha, that's a difficult one, for me it depends on your choice if singer over the years. I for one listen to music for the emotions so its definitely better to me as the singers I listen to is full of emotions.
AllTooWell
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alltoowell.html
Latest Review: Unlight by Chandra Shekhar

Post by AllTooWell »

I think that music is extremely personal and that is why for some has become better and for some is getting worse. People find inspiration in the artists they relate to, and obviously, believe that they write amazing music. Music is entertainment, inspiration, distraction and everything else people want it to be, so it is not getting better or worse, is just music.
Andega
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Andega »

music is becoming worse based on its content which i would say is focused on expressing sexual content thus the need for viewers discretion. yet the creativity the songwriters use is commendable since they interweave culture, current events and technology to make a song say what it should wthout the singer using their vocals. it is a 50/50 situation since some singers stay focused on producing authentic music that is viewed by any audience and passes important infornmation.
Melissa Best
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: Love and Marriage
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-best.html
Latest Review: Chameleons by Martin Wyatt

Post by Melissa Best »

This is such a difficult question to answer because music "quality" means so many things to different people. Taste is always a factor as well since even technically "good" music may not fit personal preferences. All in all, music evolves to fit the world around it. Modern hits are so popular because of catchy beats that make them "good" and older symphonies are "good" in their own right from a complexity perspective. Music is really in the ear of the beholder :)
Dani Strayer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-strayer.html
Latest Review: St Augustine's Sin by Joe Baker

Post by Dani Strayer »

The question is subjective, there is no right answer. As someone who listens to a mixture of everything, I tend to listen with an open mind. I talk to a lot of people who don't like the music that comes out today but that's because they haven't found anything that they connect with, mostly because they refuse to. Music has changed but I don't think it's getting better or worse it just depends on if you can find something you connect with.
Jakub Bystrowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

Music is definately getting worse. From rappers rapping about their lives, which is very relatable to rapping about women, sex, and drugs. I don't enjoy the new music as much as I enjoy the old ones.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Fort Max wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 16:14 Over the years, music has changed a lot. Some people tell me that music isn't inspirational anymore. Others tell me that music has improved a lot. What do you people think, is music getting better or worse?
I think it's getting worse. The lyrics are less meaningful now. The tone is not timeless. I love music from the past. Classic songs. They are timeless and they are meaningful and full of love lyrics. Just my opinion.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Bella Steraling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bella-steraling.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Bella Steraling »

Joy Max wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 16:14 Over the years, music has changed a lot. Some people tell me that music isn't inspirational anymore. Others tell me that music has improved a lot. What do you people think, is music getting better or worse?
I think it not getting worse neither is it getting better. Change is constant and it is expected that each generation will change something as universal as music into what fits their way of thinking. Music back in the 1900s were great. Music in the 2000s are also great.
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

From my own point of view, I feel like the artiste in the music are really trying and they're improving everyday.
Bianca Morano
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

From the mainstream media, popular music nowadays, especially pop, are mostly about drugs, alcohol, relationships, sx, and something profane. There are also good songs out there that are different but rarely do make history or hits.
Dreh Dree Yehoshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dreh-dree-yehoshua.html
Latest Review: Mrs. Ashley's First BBC by Mr and Mrs BCFlyers2016

Post by Dreh Dree Yehoshua »

worse
Dreh Dree Yehoshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dreh-dree-yehoshua.html
Latest Review: Mrs. Ashley's First BBC by Mr and Mrs BCFlyers2016