Taylor Swift: To be or not to be a Swiftie?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Saima Rahman
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saima-rahman.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Taylor Swift: To be or not to be a Swiftie?

Post by Saima Rahman »

Taylor Swift is one of the best songwriters of our time. She is also one of the biggest influences on a majority of the writers today (eg. Jenny Han). What do you think of her songwriting? Or even her songs? Do they also impact you in a notable way?
Bianca Morano
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

Yo, swiftie here. Not to be biased but for me she is a really talented song lyricist. I like most of her songs, ever since from her Fearless album to Midnights album now. Tho sometimes I can't relate to it because its about relationships and such.
T J 6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-j-6.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by T J 6 »

I love Taylor Swift! I love her lyrics and almost every song she has put out. Sometimes I really listen to the words and think to myself - who would think to say things that way! Just beautiful and so creative.
Saathvika Veerasuri
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Saathvika Veerasuri »

Her songwriting is truly majestic. She has a magnificent way to represent her feelings with all the metaphors and ironies and the best part is that other people would relate to that only after they understand what it actually means. She also broke myths that told her to stick to one single genre. She clearly rules them all. Truly one of the best songwriters for our generation
Marie Anne

Post by Marie Anne »

I love her. Her music is so soulful and relatable - not to mention catchy! I dream of the day I finally get to see her perform live. I came close back in 2020: I bought tickets to see her in Europe, but then COVID hit and everything got cancelled :cry: One day soon though hopefully!
Jennifer Cowhig
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-cowhig.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B0775717ZP
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by Jennifer Cowhig »

I wouldn’t call myself a “Swiftie” as while I enjoy a lot of her music, I don’t feel like I obsess over her or listen to her enough to get the label. I feel like I grew up with her and I do appreciate a lot of her lyricism. However, there are also songs of hers that I skip. I feel like I listened to her a lot more when I was younger, when she was more in her country era, but I can still like appreciate her now. “All Too Well” is probably one of my favorite songs.
jaddinaileyah

Post by jaddinaileyah »

I love Taylor swift, she has such a way with the pen and while songwriting is a great form of writing and directly related to poetry I feel that majority of her songs are such strong examples of poetry and storytelling. I’m no writer and I can’t compare myself to Taylor but I haven’t experienced a writer that makes me feel an emotion as strong as her.
WISDOM SAMSON 1
Currently Reading: Middlemarch
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wisdom-samson-1.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by WISDOM SAMSON 1 »

I love Taylor Swift because why not? She is a talented songwriter whose impact has been overwhelmingly felt across generations!
Ritz Tripathy

Post by Ritz Tripathy »

Hey , swiftie here. I feel anyone who enjoys poetry should listen to her songs , especially from the sister albums Folklore and Evermore , and Midnights. Her songwriting has matured and while she's always been a talented lyricist , her lyricism really show through the album's of Folklore , Evermore and Midnights. It took me some looking up of phrases and words which can mean several things , adding layers to her songs. All in all , one should really give a listen to her songs to experience some masterful writing in music.
Luiza Miranda

Post by Luiza Miranda »

I'm a swiftie since I was a child and she released Fearless, so i guess I'm biased. But guys, is this even a question?? LOL i mean, don't get me wrong she's not the only amazing artist in the world, of course. But she IS f* amazing and brilliant
Tommy Mayengbam
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommy-mayengbam.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Tommy Mayengbam »

Not a Swiftie, but I feel her unique way of penning her songs deserves praise. She has a song for almost all of her exes. She is indeed one of the most talented and creative artists.

I love many of her songs, but my favorite is Back to December, the song dedicated to Taylor Lautner.

Taylor apologizing to her ex-boyfriend for all the wrongs she did using her song, which is accessible to the whole world, as a platform, is beautiful.
Bron Bakers
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bron-bakers.html
Latest Review: The Boven Naturals by CM Rehfus-Wilsek

Post by Bron Bakers »

I'm nit a swiftie but I've always loved Taylor and her songs. She's a great musician.
Hella Layot
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hella-layot.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by Hella Layot »

"To be a Swiftie is to embrace a musical journey painted with emotions, resilience, and catchy tunes. Joining this fandom means riding the waves of Taylor Swift's ever-evolving artistry. Are you ready for the adventure?"

Return to “Poetry & Music”