Do you sing in a choir?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Steeven Cuvi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do you sing in a choir?

Post by Steeven Cuvi »

The music is special in those occasions where all voives is pairing in at just moment.
T J 6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-j-6.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by T J 6 »

I have no talent for music although I love listening to it. My daughter is extremely talented vocally and has been singing in her school choir since sixth grade. I have no idea how that happened.
VamweK
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by VamweK »

I just joined a choir few months back. I'm really eager to learn because I'm a good singer but I don't know much about reading music, only know basics. I'm keeping up so far
Donald Donaldson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-donaldson.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Donald Donaldson »

aybige wrote: 21 Jan 2016, 14:43 Are there any choralists? :)
I sing in my choir for 4 months and I sing in altos. Our repertoire contains mainly sacral songs in Latin but not only. We sing for example Vivaldi's 'Gloria'. The part 'Et In Terra Pax' is really beautiful.
I think that there's something mystical in singing in a harmony... It's really amazing to spend a time with people who love music too. I noticed that people who love music and perform it are more emphatic. Have you noticed it too? Do you sing in a choir or have you ever sung there?
I used to sing in a choir, but time has denied me the chance of indulging in that pleasure. I don't know latin, but I always enjoy enjoy listening to latin songs sang by a large choir. It always sounds heavenly.
David Tutor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-tutor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by David Tutor »

aybige wrote: 21 Jan 2016, 14:43 Are there any choralists? :)
I sing in my choir for 4 months and I sing in altos. Our repertoire contains mainly sacral songs in Latin but not only. We sing for example Vivaldi's 'Gloria'. The part 'Et In Terra Pax' is really beautiful.
I think that there's something mystical in singing in a harmony... It's really amazing to spend a time with people who love music too. I noticed that people who love music and perform it are more emphatic. Have you noticed it too? Do you sing in a choir or have you ever sung there?
I do not sing in a choir, but I love listening to them. Their voices are heavenly and beautiful. Sometimes I cry while listening to them. You said "there is something mystical in singing in a harmony" and you are right. It is not only mystical but also magical.
bosire linet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bosire-linet.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by bosire linet »

Well,my does ...he always enjoys singing and I like like seeing him happy
MetellaStella
Currently Reading: Emotional Intelligence
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by MetellaStella »

I read somewhere that, of all the hobbies tested, singing in a choir released the most serotonin or dopamine.

Singing vigorously also burns about as many calories as walking.

If you're breathing correctly, it can also activate the parasympathetic nervous system.

More people should do it, honestly. I don't know why we often make class-wide singing mandatory in lower grades, but then don't do it in high school. It's great bonding.
Dangel Tejares
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dangel-tejares.html
Latest Review: The Sum of All the Pieces by Paul Bradford

Post by Dangel Tejares »

When I was in my grade level, I was part of a choir in our town's church. However, when I entered of being a teenager, I quit singing in the church because I focused more on school. Also, being part of a choir is very happy and enjoyable.
Nkem blessy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkem-blessy.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Nkem blessy »

I did when I was younger. But now I haven't seen a opportunity to continue with it
Flora Posh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flora-posh.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Flora Posh »

No but I sing almost everywhere else.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Michael Morwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-morwani.html

Post by Michael Morwani »

No I don't but I would like to join one day
Michael Morwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-morwani.html

Post by Michael Morwani »

No I don't but I would like to join one day when I will be ready
TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishacleve.html
Latest Review: Shadows by William Stephen Edwards

Post by TrishaCleve »

I do not now, however, before 2010 or so, I did. I sang in my church choir and played the accompaniment on the piano for years. I grew up in a very small town, which meant that had the same choir director at my church my entire life with that church. She is no longer alive because of Alzheimer's, but she ws also my piano teacherr from third grade through part of high school. Her daughter and I were in the same grade all through school, and were were competitors in both choir and band. She and I were generally number one and number two in each class, always trying to top the other for solos and such.
:techie-reference:
Trisha Lee
Okewunmi Pelumi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okewunmi-pelumi.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Okewunmi Pelumi »

Yes I am. But I don't sing, I only play Piano for them.
Gatiso Garamba
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Gatiso Garamba »

I used to sing when I were fifteen.now I don't.

Return to “Poetry & Music”